Notices

Vancouver 4 days

May 26th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Vancouver 4 days

Hello,

Will be visiting Vancouver in 1st week of July for 4 days prior to taking Alaska Cruise. I got good suggestions from the forum on what to see in Vancouver. I dropped the idea of visiting Butchart gardens and visiting Van Dusen Gardens/ QV gardens. I am not renting car. Do you recommend going to Victoria for a Day trip? Is the ferry ride to Victoria and back is worth the time? Any suggestions.

Thanks
May 26th, 2016, 09:25 AM

Depending on where you are coming from, I would take a day trip to Seattle.
July is Canada Day (holiday) and of course we have Independence Day in the US (July 4).
Try to see a lot of Stanley Park in Vancouver.
May 27th, 2016, 09:30 PM

The ferry ride is beautiful from Vancouver to Victoria. You could also, depending upon your budget, go one way by small sea plane or helicopter and the other way by ferry.
The ferry to Victoria is a long ways out of vancouver, and the ferry on the other side is a long ways from Victoria so doing in one day would be a long day.
If you only have four days in Vancouver you will certainly have enough to do there to fill you time IMO.
And you will see lots of amazing scenery on the Alaska cruise. My favourite part of the Alaska cruise was on the last day when you cruise very slowly from the north end of the island south.

Search this Thread