Reload this Page >

US- Toronto Airport to Quebec City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 06:12 PM
Lynn

Would appreciate some clarification please from anyone experienced with traveling from the US to Canada and then making a connection within Canada- We will be flying into Toronto and then making a connection to QC- when we made the reservations we were told that we go through customs in QC, I have since found out that we go through customs in Toronto- everything in terminal 2- <BR>we only have 70 minutes to do this- is this enough time (assuming our flight is on time)we were told this connection is within the legal time parameters and we would be put on the next flight if we didn't make it - also - I understand we would have to pick up any checked luggage and then take it through customs so perhaps is best just to carry everying on? Thanks.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 06:15 PM
traveller

We did this a number of years ago in Toronto and RAN to get to our plane but we made it. We have had similar experiences in Dallas/Fort Worth. It is not a lot of time but if you get your luggage quickly you should be ok. Just be prepared and fit enough to hot foot it to your exit. Sorry that the airlines have booked you so little time. It seems as tho this is becoming more and more common.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 08:18 PM
Lynn

Thank you- we bike and jog so that should help us running for the connection- I guess if we pack light and don't check the luggage that'll save time and hopefully customs won't take too long. At least we don't need to leave terminal 2.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 08:01 PM
bill

Hi Lynn, I think, you should be looking for a more competent travel agent, than the BOZO you presently have. Good luck in TO. <BR>Bill

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 09:01 AM
travelingman

Sometimes customs in Toronto can take quite a while...it depends on several factors, including how many people get off the plane in front of you. <BR> <BR>There are usually staff standing around in the customs area directing people to the right place...if you're running short on time and explain to them that you have a connection that you need to make soon, they'll probably let you go through the crew/special services customs line. <BR> <BR>By the way, most US carriers come in to Terminal 3...so hopefully you've verified that your flight comes in to Terminal 2. If you do have to change terminals, that'll add at least 10-20 minutes.