We are planning a trip up the Northern peninsula in mid-late July. We are driving from north of Boston, taking the ferry to Port aux Basques. The main point of our trip is to visit Port Aux Choix, where my great grandmother was born, and to meet distant cousins, and we plan to drive all the way up to L'Anse aux Meadows as well. Is there time for a side trip to the Gander/Twillingate area if our entire trip is 2 weeks long? What spots between there and Deer Lake are worthy stops?
Thanks in advance for any direction here. We don't mind long drives, but I want to be realistic in my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi 2017 Full Movie Online
- 2 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 3 Montreal for new Years
- 4 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 5 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 6 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 7 Toronto - here we come!
- 8 Christmas in Quebec City
- 9 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 10 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 11 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 12 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 13 Montreal for New Years
- 14 Babymoon Destination
- 15 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 16 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 17 My Family Travle Vlog
- 18 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 19 Ottawa in December
- 20 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 21 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 22 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 23 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 24 Montreal & Quebec City
- 25 Victoria in December