Search

HOTELS IN LAKE LOUISE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOTELS IN LAKE LOUISE

Hello:

Can anyone suggest a hotel/lodge, in Lake Louise that is a reasonable rate, as we will be out hiking most of the day?

Do they have any motel type accommodation there?

Thanks a lot.

Joanie
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 12:42 PM

I find hotels and motels around Lake Louise to be very expensive.
The Mountaineer Motel is perhaps the most reasonable, but comparing what you get with what you pay, it is not cheap.

If you want sticker shock, take a look at the Chateau Lake Louise.

There is a cheaper place called West Louise Lodge on the Trans Canada Highway near the border between BC and Alberta that is about 8 to 9 miles from Lake Louise Village, but it is not the worlds best. I stayed there once, and never again.

Next option: one of the self catering apartments in Field, BC about 14 miles down the Trans Canada.

Stay there and hike in Yoho! The Iceline trail is a good one.
If you are a strong, strong hiker the Whaleback is a trip and a half. But it takes stamina. It is about a 14 to 15 miler.

The drive from Field to Lake Louise itself is about 15 miles, but there are no stop lights. You drive the Trans Canada Highway almost all the way.
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Hello:

Thanks a lot for your advice. It helps a lot and we have stayed at the Chateau years ago.
I am doing this for friends that don't want to spend a lot on accommodation.
We stay at the Post and O'Hara when we go. They are great. Thanks again and will definately look at the Mountaineer Motel. Joanie
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 02:14 PM

Then there's always the hostel, very convenient to hiking, simple but clean and comfortable, very good restaurant on-site. Most reasonable of all area accommodations we looked at. I think we paid $60 or so summer before last for a private couple's room. A negative - we found it noisy in-season.

I rather like Bob's idea of an apartment in Field. Central to both Lake Louise and Yoho!
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 06:01 PM

If you opt for Field, let me know.

I might be able to offer some helpful tips because I have stayed there 7 or 8 times.
(Lost exact count.)
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 05:08 AM

Paradise Lodge is perhaps not the cheapest, but definitely a more affordable accomodation in Lake Louise - we stayed there on our trip last September and enjoyed it very much.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 01:32 PM

Paradise looks really nice on their website and it doesn't seem too expensive. Is it a good location?
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 02:59 PM

Paradise Lodge and Bungalows is in what I would consider to be a good location. It's not in the village of Lake Louise, but rather a couple of miles away, jut off the road that leads to the lake of Lake Louise, and quite close (easy walking distance) to the lake itself. The scenery there is good, as it is in the entire Lake Louise area.