Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > Transportation from Port to Château Frontenac

Transportation from Port to Château Frontenac

Sep 4th, 2018, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Transportation from Port to Château Frontenac

We are staying at the Ch teau Frontenac for a couple of days after our cruise. With 3600 people disembarking about the same time, what’s the best form of transportation to the hotel? I did look up private transportation for the six of us but it was close to $300.00 for an estimated 11 minute trip.

Thanks
Sep 5th, 2018, 05:38 PM

The Quebec harbour terminal estimates well past 100,000 passengers passed through the port last year so I expect taxi drivers will throng to each arrival.
It may be frustrating to look up the hill from the dock to see the towering Chateau Frontenac,just a kilometre away as a crow flies. But crows don't have to climb hills – and that steep, fortified hill is a central element in why Quebec City is there at all.

The port commission reckons well over 100,000 visitors passed through the port in 2017, so I expect the local taxis are alert to all arrivals. You probably would need two cabs for your group, with luggage.

The city bus line #11 runs past the ship terminal and, in a circuitous fashion, winds its way up to the Chateau. Be certain to take the bus going west. Here is a link to the transit, in English

https://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=88&language=en-CA

You can find a section with the route map. It's in French, but visual. The link is too long for a quick post. Sorry.

I can't make out whether the driver sells fares, which might influence your plans. The service has adopted an electronic ticket card called Opus which is very handy if you plan to use it more than just a time or too. Perhaps you can e-mail to see how to buy a single fare.
Attached Files

Last edited by Southam; Sep 5th, 2018 at 05:45 PM.

Search this Thread