toronto with toddler-zoo or centreville?

Old May 27th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
toronto with toddler-zoo or centreville?

We'll be in Toronto for a few days in August with our 3.5 year old. What would be more appropriate- the zoo or the Centreville Amusement Park? Also, can you buy individual ride tickets at the amusement park or do you have to buy the $27 adult tickets? Thanks for your responses!
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:22 AM

I think your little one would enjoy Centreville more. For one thing, it's easier to get to. The zoo is a lengthy ride out of the city; depending where you're staying, it could take an hour or so to get there. Once you're there, there's a lot of walking. It's a wonderful experience for older kids but I think a 3 1/2 year old might find it more tiring than fun.

Centreville is easily accessible from downtown Toronto via a short and interesting ferry ride. You can buy individual ride passes (the website says $19 for children under 4 feet tall) which does seem steep, but there is no admission charge to Centreville. I don't know about tickets for individual rides; the website has a link to contact them.
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Meesthare! We will definitely plan on Centreville and will save the zoo if we have an extra day.
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:15 PM
mtjt

Just to add a little extra info on the Zoo - we took our grandkids there last summer - one not quite 3 and the other barely 5, and they both really enjoyed a full day (although fell asleep in the car straightaway afterwards). There is a "Zoo-mobile" which is an option to walking (and free for kids 3 and under), and there are attractions other than the animals, e.g. a kid's waterpark, plus I read about a new mechanical dinosaur display. They also rent strollers and wagons. Details on their website. Haven't been to Centreville for years, so can't compare the two.

Old May 30th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks mtjt! I think we've decided to stay at Niagara Falls for just one night instead of our original two, so it looks like we will definitely be able to set aside a day for each activity.