Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto Theatre Tix for May 8th: Walk t o Le Select on Queen West???

Old Apr 6th, 2005, 07:34 PM
wow
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! We will be in Toronto the weekend of May 6th. Wld like to see an afternoon show on May 8th(which happens to be Mothers' Day) & then have a very early dinner @ Le Select on Queen St. West b/f leaving Toronto. Which show/theatre wld you recommend that is w/in walking distance( or short cab ride) of Le Select? Need to reserve tix now. Some are probably already sold out. Have already made res @ Le Select.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM
BAK

It's only a couple of blocks from the Princess of Wales and from the Royal Alexandra (and from Second City, for that matter) to Le Select.

Le Select is moving, but I do not know when. Second City is moving but not until a few weeks after may 8.

King and John, then north three bocks to Queen, and west two blocks to Le Select, from Princess of Wales.

But it's not that bad a walk from the Pantages and from the Canon Theatres, etc. I passed both of them a few minutes ago on foot, and now I'm pretty close to Le Select as I type.

It's a longer walk, but only a five minute cab ride, from St. Lawrence Centre (Ain't Misbehavin, with Jackie Richardson, who is a great singer)
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 11:54 AM
wow
Original Poster

Thanks, Brian!
A mid-March article in The Globe said Le Select is moving in the summer to Wellington just west of Spadina.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 04:29 AM
BAK

I did a story yesterday at www.BrianKilgore.com (then click on the travel tips part of the green logo) about the three theatre districts in Toronto.

Wellington and Spadina is at the south-west edge of the Entertainment District, and Wellington is parallel to Front Street. The new loction is about three blocks further from the Canon and Winter Garden theatres than the old location, and about the same distance from the other two theatre areas.

BAK
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 08:51 AM
wow
Original Poster

I will check it out...thanks!