Search

Toronto Hotels Convenient to Blue Jay's Stadium

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2007, 06:48 AM
bm
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto Hotels Convenient to Blue Jay's Stadium

Hi there, planning to come to Toronto in September to see the Red Sox vs. Blue Jays. Just checked the dates and the series starts the day after the film festival ends. Will hotel accommodations be tight after the festival?
Looking for a hotel close to the stadium, preferably walking distance. We're somewhat budget minded travelers so are looking for a Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn type place. Will consider a higher end hotel if we can find a deal. We will have our car with us also...free parking would be great, but am assuming we'll have to pay (which is OK too.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 06:52 AM
bm
Original Poster

PS. Anyone know what hotel the Sox will stay at?
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 10:01 AM

The Renaissance Hotel Downtown Toronto is connected to the Rogers Centre stadium and offers Blue Jay Room packages... although they also have rooms that overlook the field that include tickets, I would skip that... we ended up watching most of the game on the room TV... they are way out in left field..

You should also check the Intercontinental on Front Street and the Holiday Inn on King.... most everything else is boutique or pricey in that area...

You never know where teams stay unless you contact the team directly... call the Sox office and they may tell you...

finally, there is no such thing as free parking in Toronto, especially near the stadium, but if you stay at the three places listed above, you won't need your car... leave it in the hotel ramp... have fun and see you at the game!!! Red Sox Nation 4ever
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 10:02 AM
hdm

I think the hotels will be available after the film festival. A lot of the professionals and movie types leave once their film is screened. There's a hotel attached to the Rogers Centre but I'm sorry, I don't remember the name. It might be on the Rogers Centre website though. Also within walking distance (2 or 3 blocks) is the Holiday Inn on Queen Street, the SoHo Metropolitan(VERY pricey), and I think there's still a Crowne Plaza on Front Street. Those would be the closest but also within walking distance and moderately priced are the Strathcona, the Novotel (downtown, not in North York) and the Hotel Victoria.

I doubt that you'll get free parking at a downtown hotel but the city parking (round green signs with a big white P) may have an overnight price and they're usually pretty reasonable. The Holiday Inn might be a fair price too.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 08:14 AM
bm
Original Poster

Thanks guys....will start shopping around! Probably will be back with more questions as the trip nears.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 09:37 AM
BAK

It's hard to keep up to date.

Novatel on The Esplande; Holiday in at the corner of Jarvis and Lombard, Holiday Inn on King (not Queen), Strathcona, Hotel Victoria, Meridian King EDward, Cosmpoloitatn, 1 King West, Fairmont Royal York (proibably too expensive), Le Germain, Soho Metropolitan, Intercontinental on Front Street (used to be the Crown Plaza), and the Ramada Admiral, on Queen's Quay.

Sheraton Centre, on Queen Stret, and Holton on Richmond. Metropolitan, on Chestnut.

All within walking distance, as defined by me, who has walked between the ballpark, more or less, and all of them, many times.

Toronto's a big city and SEptember is still a busy topurism mpnth. Don't expect small town rates anywhere, but people report good bargains on Priceline.

BAK
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 02:33 PM
bm
Original Poster

Thanks BAK! We're walkers, so don't mind if it's a mile or so away. I guess my question should have been phrased as "walkable".
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 08:45 AM

We stayed at the Travelodge on King St. West. Paid about $120 Canadian and it includes free parking and a continental breakfast. Clean room and friendly staff. The King car is right in front of you and lots of restaurants etc. It's within walking distance of Sky Dome