Toronto Hotels close to Nigthlife

Jun 13th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Mel

Toronto Hotels close to Nigthlife

Hi,
I am trying to find a reasonably priced
hotel (under $62 candian dollars
per person)which is close to Toronto nightlife.
We are both twenty-something and would like to be out till late in nightclubs/bars etc.
I've heard of the Bond Place Hotel.
Is this in a good location?
Any advice about hotels or even an area
within to find a hotel would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jun 14th, 2001, 07:25 AM
C'mon Mel

Mel- you can't even get a sandwich in Toronto for $62 Canadian. For that price you would have to stay at the Seahorse Motel, drive to the bars and pay for parking. The parking runs $15 so you would be better off spending more for the room and walk. You might also consider the Beaches area just east of Toronto, where it's cheaper to stay. Keep in mind, Toronto closes the bars at 1am and 2am on weekends.

Jun 14th, 2001, 07:48 AM
Susan

Mel, I think you were saying $62 each, right - so that would be $125 a night if you're sharing a room?

I don't know the rate at the Bond, but the location is fine. It's downtown, close to the Eaton Centre. Downtown is very walkable, plus there's the subway, streetcars, etc. King Street and Queen Street West are good for clubs and bars. Loads of places in that area. You're not that far from either.

Jun 15th, 2001, 06:15 AM
vee

Unless you stay in a dormitory, like Neil Wyzik... which is with Ryerson. It is nearly impossible to find a hotel for that price. The closest hotel to the clubbing area, would probably be Holiday Inn on King... hope this is some help

Jun 15th, 2001, 09:03 AM
antoniette

Try the Rex hotel, they are located on Queen St., just 2 blocks west of University Ave...you will be in the heart of the action. Their phone number is 416 598 2475. There is a nice jazz club at the hotel, but I do not know what the rooms are like, but it should be reasonable.

Jun 15th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Brian Kilgore

Possible hotels for $125 for two people.
Strathcona, Victoria, Bond Place and Days Inn on Carlton Street.

All are within walking distance of clubs, restaurants, entertainment, stores, etc.

You are right at the bottom of the price scale.

Be careful of the Rex. It is an old beer parlour and welfare hotel. It may or may not be civilized for overnight guests. It does, however, have good jazz on many nights.

BAK

Jun 18th, 2001, 11:26 PM
Bonnie

Try the Holiday Inn on King. Go on expedia.ca or aircanada.ca websaver rates. You want to be around Richmong/King/Adelaide/Front, between University and Spadina. Try the Sheraton Centre in case they have a summer promotion.

Jun 24th, 2001, 04:40 PM
olivia

We stayed at the Strathcona last weekend. Small rooms but clean, staff are nice and easy walking distance to theaters etc. Cabs are also relatively inexpensive. The AAA price was closer to $80 US total per night.