Toronto Fodors GTG: Sept 12

Sep 11th, 2007, 06:45 PM
wow
Original Poster

Toronto Fodors GTG: Sept 12

Hi, Everybody! Just want to say hope everybody has a great time tomorrow night @ The Hot House. Do I ever wish I ccould be there! Looking fwd to your report!
Cheers!
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:59 PM

I'd like to second that. I hope it's as big a success as the mini was!
Sep 12th, 2007, 02:29 AM

Thank you both. It will be a hard act to follow!

We'll be sure to post a report.
Sep 12th, 2007, 04:55 AM

I was just checking to see if there were any updates for tonight's plans and came across this thread.

I'm really looking forward to it.

M
Sep 12th, 2007, 01:05 PM
hdm

Have a wonderful time, everybody! I can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow. I hope somebody's going to post the pics.

Sep 12th, 2007, 01:18 PM
wow
Original Poster

Hey, hdm! Isn't tomorrow your birthday? Happy Birthday!! Have a great one!
Sep 12th, 2007, 01:25 PM

Darn it all WOW.. I thought I'd be the first to say Happy Birthday to hdm.... you beat me to it.....

Wish you could both be there.... we'' tell you all about it.
I'm just about to leave... but needed my FOdor's fix first.
Sep 12th, 2007, 01:27 PM
wow
Original Poster

Sorry, kodi! Are you wearing your new jeans that you bought "over the river" a few days ago?? Have fun!
Sep 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
hdm

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Youse guys is da best!
Sep 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM

Hope you are all having a great time tonight and will post some photos to make all the rest of us jealous.
I was supposed to be in PEI but we flew to Moncton, had a fantastic dinner with friends, then were called back to Ontario that evening due to father in laws sickness.
Sep 12th, 2007, 06:19 PM

Had a great time tonight - thanks to Marilyn for inviting back to her place!

It was terrific to put faces to names (real or otherwise!)

Regards

ElizabethS
Sep 12th, 2007, 06:53 PM

What a wonderful night! It was so great to meet friends I had already made on Fodor's as well as others I hadn't encountered before but will definitely watch out for now! Everyone had interesting stories to tell and different experiences to share. I wish I could have spoken longer to everyone. We collected email addresses and are thinking of making this GTG an annual event.

The Hot House Cafe turned out to be the perfect venue. As people arrived we clustered together near our table, introduced ourselves and chatted for some time before hunger finally drove some of us to the nearby buffet table.

AnselmAdorne drove all the way from Halifax for this occasion. I discovered that his screen name comes from a Dorothy Dunnett series but not the one I have read. Now I'll have to!

Robjame and his lovely wife took time out from their preparations for France to attend. Robjame will be spending a week in Paris then four weeks in Carlux in an apartment rented from our own Dordogne expert Carlux.

Mathieu, who had to leave early, will soon be playing a role in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat in a production in Vaughn.

Michel Paris confessed that Paris is his favourite place, hence his screen name, but he travels to many other places as well, Turkey and Ghana are recent examples.

LJ and Kodi turned out to have the same real name, not a common one either. What are the chances in such a small group? We decided that there was a bit of a physical resemblance between the two as well.

Kmowatt often travels to London where his brother lives so he has become quite a London expert on the Europe forum.

BAK gets around a lot too. I've noticed his insightful comments on the Canada forum. His wife works at Harbourfront and brought us all tickets to the Inuit Museum there. Thanks!

Elizabeth S. has been a Fodor regular since 1998, before registration. She and her husband spend four months every winter in Asia and Europe and I envy her immensely.

Sally Canuck impressed Anselm with her experiences visiting the WW1 battle scenes and attended the mini GTG along with Kodi and myself so we enjoyed seeing each other again. Kodi started the ball rolling on the get togethers for which we were all grateful. And she was the very last person to leave the party.

Just as we were finishing our meal, Danon and her SO appeared to say hello and to move upstairs with us for coffee. Danon is a new fodor contributor.

Robjame and I promise to post photos as soon as possible but Robjame may not have time before he leaves for France this weekend.
Sep 12th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Ahhhh, another successful evening!!! I think it's safe to say we had a really good time. Fifteen of us total..
Yes, thanks to Moolyn for inviting us back.
Once again, good food, good conversation, and a great time.

Wow, can't wear the new jeans yet. As usual I have to wash them and get them shortened.

Irecommend, I hope yoour father in law is ok.

And now I really must go to bed... I'm tired...
Thanks to everyone who came tonight and made it such a success. It's great to hear everyone's travel plans.
Sep 12th, 2007, 08:14 PM
wow
Original Poster

Thanks for the reports! Looking fwd to some pix!
Sep 12th, 2007, 08:34 PM

Sounds like another great evening. Thanks for the reports.
raquel
Sep 12th, 2007, 09:58 PM

Yes, a truly wonderful evening indeed !
It was terific meeting all of you.

Kodi and Moolyn, thank you for doing an excellent job of organising the evening, and to you Moolyn for your kind offers of hospitality at your condo before and after the dinner.

Even though my time was short, it was a pleasure getting to chat, albeit briefly, with so many of you : BAK and the very interesting Jana, RobJam and Mrs. Robjam, Kmowatt, LJ and the truly delightful Kodie and Moolyn. Probably spoke the most to MichelParis (so much in common travel to speak about) and my biggest regret was not having enough time to speak to you Anselm. We spoke for just a few minutes in the beginning which was delightful, and I hope we have the opportunity sometime somewhere to speak again for longer.

My apologies to everyone that I had to leave after only an hour and a half. I had to get to rehearsal an hour away and since you know what a stretch being in this production is from my everyday profession (its an enrichment challenge to myself), you can understand why I had to go. I need all the help I can get !!! I'm having tons of fun doing it however, and I hope you can come see me in it in November. I'll send you details once the private e-mail listing is distributed.

Once again, it was a pleasure meeting all of you !

M.
Sep 13th, 2007, 02:46 AM

Moolyn, you must have been typing at the same time as me. Thanks for doing such a great detailed report.
I didn't sleep well.... partly because I ate way too much, and partly because I was still on a high from the evening. I really was happy with how it all went and so happy to meet everyone. And yes, I was the very last to leave.

Mathieu, good luck with your rehersals and I'll be anxious to hear when and where we can get tickets.

Sep 13th, 2007, 04:02 AM

Where are those pictures?
Sep 13th, 2007, 04:22 AM

What a wonderful time!
Kodi - thank you for getting this started and moolyn thank you for all your work in organizing.
It was great to be able to put some faces to the names. To think that 14 people who hadn't met could get together and mix and talk and share...
Can't wait until the next one.

http://tinyurl.com/32a555
Sep 13th, 2007, 04:58 AM

Robjame, great pictures. And so fast to post them! I know you are busy getting ready for your trip, so thanks so much for taking the time.
Hope you and Mrs Robjame have a great time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO