Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
Notices

Toronto and Niagara Falls in November

Nov 6th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Original Poster

Toronto and Niagara Falls in November

Hello all. My husband and I will be visiting Toronto over the four day American Thanksgiving weekend in a few weeks. Our first time in Toronto (and my first time in Canada). I'm hoping for help with a few topics.

DH has had some trouble walking of late, so it may be best to visit places that have lots of seating options (benches and the like) available when he needs to take a breather. Are there any touristy places we may want to avoid with this in mind?

I'm thinking of booking a day trip with BG Tours to Niagara Falls. It appears that the Hornblower is still running at that time of year.

https://www.niagaracruises.com/tour-options

Has anyone reading this ever taken this tour so late in the season? Am I crazy to consider this, due to both the weather and DH aforementioned walking issues?

Also looking for seafood restaurant recommendations. We're staying near Dundas Square.

Thanks so much!!
Nov 6th, 2016, 09:08 PM

Dundas Square is right on the main N/S subway route on Yonge St and also gives you plenty of taxi access in Toronto... weather may be a factor, but there is an underground series of pathways to ease transit...

Toronto is a series of neighborhoods that each offers experiences in closer confines... the waterfront, shopping, Yorkville, Chinatown, Distillery, museum, Queen St W, Theatre,Entertainment, Kensington,and beaches are all easily explored after being dropped off by taxi, or public transit...

Niagara is also worth a day trip as crowds are somewhat less than Summer season, and a tour will take you directly to the attractions, eliminating a lot of walking... the boats have inside cabins if needed...

Not up on the latest Seafood spots...

Have fun!
Nov 8th, 2016, 05:59 AM

The countryside from Hamilton along Lake Ontario to the Falls will be brown-to-grey with all the foliage dead and gone. Vineyards look pretty gnarly without leaves on the vines. But the falls are the falls all year round, except that in January-February there sometimes can be a build-up of ice from the spray.
Here is the link for Toronto's subways, streetcars and buses: http://www.ttc.ca/
Dundas Square is a good location and the square itself usually has some seating to enjoy the intentionally noisy and neon-lit scene.

Search this Thread