this may seem a silly question ,but here goes
the one king west hotel used to be a bank
would a bank of that size have apartments above it in the 1920's?and if so would it be for bank employees only ?
my reason for the question is i have been researching my mothers family tree .
my mother as a young girl in 1928 traveled to Canada with her sister,uncle and aunt and on the ships records it states the address that her other aunt lived at and they were going to be staying at was
"Dominion Bank building corner of king street Toronto"
of course when i searched for that address i found the hotel,as we are hoping to visit Toronto we would love to stay in the same building as my mum had when she was only 3years old and newly arrived in Canada .
i am at lost how to find out if this is the same building,so this is a long shot .
there was no apartment number on the ships papers just the above as the address
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 2 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Montreal for New Years
- 6 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 7 Babymoon Destination
- 8 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 9 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 10 My Family Travle Vlog
- 11 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 12 Ottawa in December
- 13 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 14 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 15 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 16 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 17 Montreal & Quebec City
- 18 Victoria in December
- 19 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 20 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 21 Happy Canada Day
- 22 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 23 What is famous in canada?
- 24 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 25 May2018 Banff accomodations