Taking Family to see Snow!

May 7th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Dell

Taking Family to see Snow!

I'm taking my family( 3 kids under 10) to see snow for the first time and decided to go to Whistler. We intend to be there in January. I need a little help as to where to stay, rent equipment(snowboarding), and what to expect? I want to give my family the best experience possible. Thanx, all

May 8th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Lesley

Whistler is an entire village devoted to what you need with a range of accomodation, restuarants etc. Big on the cahins, harder to find small inn type-stuff. This probably works for you as you will want a pool, I would imagine.

You will have no problem with advice on rentals of equipment etc, once you decide on a hotel You might try Expedia.ca for hotel reservations and once you've picked a place (since you have loads of time) you can get more info from the tourist bureau or website. Have fun in the snow!

May 8th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Kris

Great decision Dell! But you really don't have loads of time to pick a place to stay as Whistler is extremely popular with all types of travelers from US, Canada and elsewhere, and January is prime time. Start with www.whistler.com for an overview of the place, including accommodations etc. If you're going with a family you may want to consider one of the many condos or timeshares for rent. There are lots of websites for those - do a search here or on a search engine. By the way, where do you live that your poor kids are snow-deprived??? (I can't imagine living without the stuff!)

May 8th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Pat

Hi Dell:

January is usually a great time at Whistler. Did you know you can rent a limo, or get on a shuttle to Whistler right from the airport in Vancouver? If you stay in Whistler Village you won't need a vehicle as most things are accessible on foot. As for accommodation there are tons of choices and if you want to email me I will be happy to help with that. (I live here).

May 10th, 2002, 10:52 AM
dell

Thanks all for getting me started in the right direction. Couple of friends stayed at Bear lodge. How is this place? My family would like to stay within walking distance of the village and lifts. Any of other help would be appreciated. By the way, I live in one of the most deprived snow states HAWAII.

May 10th, 2002, 07:37 PM
traveler A

We're going next week and found great rates via 1800visitBC. The delta whistler village suites are great and have wonderful rates.

May 12th, 2002, 12:27 PM
A.M.

Hello Dell,
Our family always stays at THE ASPENS. A wonderful condo resort on Blackcomb slopeside (ultimate ski-in/ski-out) They have 2 heated swimming pools and hot tub overlooking the slopes. You can rent skiis and snowboards right on site with valet service at discount prices. The suites are beautiful, very well maintained 1 and 2 bedrooms, with all the amenities. It is the building right up the slope from The Chateau Whistler. There is a kids area and school right at the base. You will not need a car here. Walk to everything. It might be perfect for you. We reserve from www.whistlerpremier.com they are very friendly.