Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   Tadoussac - overnight stay or day trip from Quebec? (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/tadoussac-overnight-stay-or-day-trip-from-quebec-133518/)

rebecca Jun 28th, 2001 01:24 PM

Tadoussac - overnight stay or day trip from Quebec?

Help. I'm trying to plan my vacation intinerary for our trip to Montreal &amp; Quebec City Here’s what I have so far:<BR>Day One – Montreal<BR>Day Two – Montreal to Quebec City<BR>Day Three &amp; Four – Quebec City<BR>Day Five – Quebec City to Tadoussac<BR>Day Six – Tadoussac area<BR>Day Seven – Tadoussac area to Montreal<BR>Day Eight – Montreal<BR>Day Nine – Montreal<BR><BR>My question is....should we pack our bags and leave Quebec City for Tadoussac on the fifth day and spend the night in that area, or do we just make it a day trip and return to Quebec City that evening. We plan to take a zodiac boat and see the whales and possibly a Saguenay River cruise the next day (if we stay). But another day in Montreal might be nice! Suggestions??? Thanks for all of the travel tips on this website. They have been a BIG help.

Daniel Williams Jun 28th, 2001 01:46 PM

Hi Rebecca.<BR><BR>I recommend spending the night in Tadoussac; a day trip would be too rushed, particularly since going on a whale tour is a must if you go. There are also some trails with gorgeous vistas and a well-presented Marine Mammal Museum for you to enjoy. If you're lucky and picked a good date there might be a Québécois Folk Music gathering going on when you go. Also, it's not that short a drive from QC to Tadoussac and you have to get on a ferry across the Saguenay River. <BR><BR>Sounds like a great trip!<BR><BR>DAN

rebecca Jun 29th, 2001 08:14 AM

Thanks Dan! I've read that the Motel Le Beluga is a good choice in Tadoussac...so I'll see if there is availability. I really appreciate the input!

Daniel Williams Jun 29th, 2001 10:17 AM

Hotel Motel Le Beluga has comfortable clean large rooms at very reasonable prices. That's where I stayed..well located and really more like a higher quality chain hotel than say a B&amp;B or a motel. If you want something a little more luxury or quaint, you may wish to look at Hotel Tadoussac or some of the Gîtes there, otherwise Le Beluga is a good choice. Many of the staff don't know English, but I believe there is usually someone around who does know at least a little(in case you don't speak French). The staff was all very kind and helpful when I went.<BR><BR>Have a great trip. DAN

Jean Jul 4th, 2001 08:23 AM

I'm not a great fan of a visitng cities in the summer and just returned from Montreal where we cut our stay short because we were not having a very good time. I have been to Tadoussac many times and there is so much to see and do in the city and in the area. If you are looking for city-type nightlife it is quite limited. There are a few good restuarants and a Zodiac whalewatch and a Saguenay cruise will be great fun. There is a lot of native crafts there too. Look for weaving that is called "cataline." In my experience, few people there really speak English. You may want to change you money in QC before you head "up river." Have fun!