First just want to thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.
I'm planning to travel to Newfoundland with my boyfriend on July 31st to August 9th. We'll be flying into St. Johns and heading out from there to travel across the island to Gross Mourne and L'anse Aux Meadows eventually making our way back on the 6th for the folk festival ..( Hey Rosetta is playing YEAH!) Yes, I know this is a lot of travel time on the road.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggested travel routes. I don't want to drive on the main highway the whole time and like taking back roads. I know that we want to hit up some coastal towns, small villages etc, but don't know where to start or how to get there. I also like to stay away from touristy locations... I want to see the authentic Newfoundland...again I know Newfoundland doesn't get nearly as touristy as many other places so I'm safe.
We havent booked our car yet which I know is crazy. I just can't believe how expensive it is. $900 and thats a same location drop off...We wanted to originally do a different drop off but that would bring it up to $1700 WOah!
Thanks again and look forward to reading your post.
Super excited to see Newfoundland.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vikings vs Lions, Cowboys vs Chargers
- 2 Are you being relocated to Toronto?
- 3 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 4 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 5 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 6 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 7 Montreal for New Years
- 8 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 9 Babymoon Destination
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 12 My Family Travle Vlog
- 13 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 14 Ottawa in December
- 15 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 16 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 17 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 18 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 19 Montreal & Quebec City
- 20 Victoria in December
- 21 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 22 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 23 Happy Canada Day
- 24 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 25 What is famous in canada?