Search

NOTL - Oban Inn

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 05:43 PM
Paula

NOTL - Oban Inn

Have reservations for the Oban Inn in Niagara on the Lake in late August. Has anyone stayed there and can tell me about it. Also, any good recommendations for dining in the area? Thanks.

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 05:55 PM
Gary

I had a great meal at the Anchorage, close to the lake - marina. (within walking distrance from downtown).

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 06:19 PM
Brian Kilgore

The oban inn is an old,historic, building that is a hotel with two excellent restaurants. it was relatively recently bought by a woman who is buyingup everygood restaurant and hotel in Niagara on the Lake, and, as far as I;ve heard, making them even better (although perhaps more expensive) You'll have a hard time beating the Oban's own restaurant, but the Prince of Wales Hotel is a good bet, too.BAK

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 03:20 PM
doc

For a good lunch in NOTL try the Epicurean, across from the Royal George theater. The Angel Inn dining room (avoid eating in the bar if you can) is pretty good for dinner. Re: the Oban, it was badly damaged by a fire a few years ago but has been restored to its real character. Dinner in the bar is a way to have good food at a moderate price.

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 05:25 PM
Donna

We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast there one morning. And, stopped in the piano bar one night, which was also wonderful. Most enjoyable dinner was on the terrace at Queens Landing Hotel.

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 06:32 PM
Sarah

just got back from Niagara on the lake to day--took the day for a picnic in the park--dinner at the Hilldebrand Winery just outside Virgil. On the highway into Niagara on the lake. Food is excellent. <BR> <BR>If you're interested in a picnic lunch--the hotel will put a basket together for you. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 06:36 PM
fran

<BR>Have to second the terrace at Queens Landing.

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 05:43 AM
jackie

Highly recommend Keily House Inn for lunch or dinner, especially if you like beef. Their food is excellent, and varied without being silly (that would be menu items that have twelve descriptive words in their titles). They are also a historic house, so nice atmosphere,good service and we paid about $70 before wine for dinner - great value! Have a lovely trip.

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 06:56 PM
Debbie

Paula-There's lots of great places to eat in NOTL-the Oban Inn being one of them. Would also suggest The Buttery Theatre Restaurant, just a few blocks away. ENJOY !!

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 06:49 PM
Paula

Thanks to all of you for answering my posting. I can't wait!