Notices

St, Andrews NB Any Hints?

Jul 30th, 2000, 03:02 AM
derek

St, Andrews NB Any Hints?

Since the US-Dollar is quite high for people from europe, my wife and I think of going to St. Andrews instead of Maine.

Any Hints and tips welcome.

Derek

Jul 31st, 2000, 07:49 AM
jackie

When I was last in St. Andrews it was a very small place. How long were you planning to stay? We stayed one night and it was plenty. Very pretty but kind of like staying in a very small version of Victoria. We did stay in Shediac, NB for 3-4 days and enjoyed the beach there. Also accomodation was limited and expensive in St. Andrews. I'm not knocking St. Andrews, it's just not a place I would think of as a replacement for Maine.
It might be better for you to plan a driving holiday through some of the Maritime provinces; then you get a mix of beach, beautiful vistas and quaintness.
Good luck

Aug 5th, 2000, 11:13 PM
mgmpugh

My husband and I stayed at the Tara Manor Inn in St. Andrew's years ago - fabulous former home of Sir Charles Tupper one of the fathers of confederation! Great dining - great memories of the place. The Algonguin Hotel, a CP hotel, is another fabulous spot. Tourist shops pretty much shut down in the winter months though. Whale watching and other local attractions. Look up St. Andrew's-by-the-Sea on the web. Don't miss Hopewell Cape while in the area - site of some of highest tides in the world on the
Bay of Funday, also Fundy National Park! You may wish to take a drive across the new bridge to PEI as well! It is an engineering marvel! Have a great trip.

Search this Thread