Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > Solo Travel to Alberta, Alaska and Rockies
Notices

Solo Travel to Alberta, Alaska and Rockies

Mar 1st, 2010, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Solo Travel to Alberta, Alaska and Rockies

Elenydd on Mar 1, 10 at 4:18pm
I am planning a long stay trip for June 2011 ( from the UK) to include a cruise probably with Cruise West and going with a friend to share a cabin. We want to spend some time in Vancouver and visit Victoria. Here I expect we will part and I will travel independently .I have not been to Seattle since I was there on business some 20 years ago. I made more than 500 business visits to the US and only a few to BC. Wilderness, wild high placesand few people are my thing and although the wrong side of 70 I still go back to Nepal and sail and trek in Scotlands remote placesleaving my husband at home. Lake Louise, Jasper, Juneau and a few others come to mind and other locations even with the long distances.

It is likely that I will be doing the high mountains and glaciers solo but would like some advice on just what would be possible without spending a fortune as I have never been interested in luxury stays, night life or expensive food when going solo.
Budget maybe £6000 $9000+ CAN dollars
Can someone suggest an itinerary or some options to consider. The travel books and brochures and web sites look good ONCE you know where to GO!!!
Duration: up to 4 weeks
Thanks

Search this Thread