Ski resort April 7-11 2004

Oct 17th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Ski resort April 7-11 2004

Would like some input/suggestions on a good,reliable ski resort for snow in the second week of April. We've been to Whistler twice and are looking for something a little different. Liked the village concept but would take wide open, long runs over that - however, given that we only have 4 days,I don't want to end up staying miles away from the slopes and driving 20-30 minutes each way every day. Anyone been to Big White, Tremblant, that time of year? Thanks
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:36 PM

Bigwhite usually has some of its best snow in the springtime. There is a lot of new accommodation at the mountian, and there has been a lot of new construction the last few summers. One of my co-workers owns a condo up there, that they rent out when they are not using it. (I can get you info if you are interested).
Big White is a great family hill. Lots of runs, and the mega snowcoaster, which is a tubing park. There is also a boardpark, in addition to the runs for snowboarders. There are some great restaurants up there in the village, but not much else.
Personally I think both Sun Peaks and Silverstar have more of a Village atmosphere, but Big White has a lot more runs than Silverstar (Silverstar has a tube park as well as an outdoor skating). Sun Peaks is my fave village though. Lots of restaurants, shops, and the leisure center, with a year round outdoor pool.
They will each have lots of info on their websites, just do a search.

Search this Thread