Notices

Segwin cruise from Gravenhurst

Mar 10th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Segwin cruise from Gravenhurst

Has anyone taken this cruise...we have 2 granddaughters (11 and 12) we were thinking of taking on it but not sure whether to do a lunch cruise or just do the straight cruise - I think there's a 1 hr. and a 2 hr. Has anyone been on this cruise and have info on the lunch etc.?? Thanks.
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:26 AM
BAK

I don't know personally about the lunch, but my father used to take this trip once a year or so, and always ate, and he was a knowledgable food lover who liked real food (no goat's eyeballs, etc.)

i think it comes down to how much the girls like fairly formal eating. My impression of the cruise is that it is a semi-upscale kind of thing, not hot doges in a cardboard box.

If tghe girls are up for some sophistication, they'll love it.

Otherwise, there's a McDonald's and Tim Horton's and other restaurants in Gravenhurst that will save some money and suit them better.

I'd have taken my daughter to lunch ont he boat; I probably would have taken my son to somewhere else, if I'd taken them on the trip.

As for the trip itself; my little kid, then six, my wife and I were guests of a boat owner two summers ago, and we followed more or less the same route, and the boy loved the scenery and the boats going by, etc. We passed the Sequin twice, and he asked us to take him on it. Maybe this summer.

BAK
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:35 AM
BAK

Spelling: it is Segwun, which helps with a web search.

The Segwun web site is not updated for this year, but it does show pretty fancy eating facilities. Roast beef is featured, which explains why my father liked it.

BAK

Mar 11th, 2003, 04:16 AM

Have not tried it myself but always pass by on the our boat and it takes you on a nice tour. Don' know about the lunch but if you are looking to save some $$ then there is a decent burger place right where your leave from at the Gravenhurst dock that is reasonable and not bad - burgers dogs salads grilled chicken - even veggie burgers.
Enjoy Muskoka!

Search this Thread