Saturday matinee tickets for Mamma Mia

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 05:03 AM
rita

Saturday matinee tickets for Mamma Mia

I have a seven hour layover (thanks Air Canada!) in Toronto this coming saturday and I am wondering if there is a saturday matinee of Mama Mia (or any other show) that I can catch. I arrive at Pearson at 1:30pm and depart 8:30pm so I think this should give me enough time to get into town and get seated before a 3pm show. I've looked at the Ticket Master website but it doesn't list any matinee theatre shows I'm interested in seeing. Does anyone know the times of the matinee shows and where on the web I can purchase tickets?

Thanks in advance!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 07:20 AM
chris

Check the website onstagenow.com. There is information there on Mama Mia and other Mirvish productions. Hope it works out for you.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Chuck

Rita:

Try these sites - mamma-mia.com or mirvish.com or 1-800-461-3333.

I believe reading that the matinee is on a weekday only - the ticket prices are high - supposed to be very good. I love Abba but always wondered if this show was like Muriel's Wedding. A great flick.

Zadies Shoes is also supposed to be very good and much more reasonable. Enjoy your layover in any case.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 02:57 AM
lynn

my friend is a big ABBA and theatre fan, so couldn't wait to see Mamma Mia. She went to see it in the West End in Lindon and didn't even bother going back to the secon half - it was so bad. She said whilst they did sing some ABBA songs the story had nothing to do with ABBA - each to their own I know but for her to forgoe second half it must have been bad.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 04:23 AM
Susan

I was not - and still am not - a big ABBA fan, but I loved Mamma Mia. We saw it about 14 months ago and I still remember how much fun it was. The ABBA music always seemed too theatrical to me, but it works perfectly in a play - hard to believe that the songs weren't written with this in mind. Sure the story is lightweight, but as I said, lots of fun.

It might be hard to get tickets - it's still very popular.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 06:24 AM
rita

Thanks to all for your help. I did check the website Chris mentioned and the Saturday matinee starts at 2:00pm which only leaves me 30 minutes to get into downtown. This is cutting it too close so I gues I will have to schedule Mamma Mia for another trip to Toronto.

Any other suggestions for such a long layover in Toronto? As nice as the Air Canada lounge is I think it will start to wear on me after a few hours.