Nova Scotia trip

Old Mar 4th, 2018, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nova Scotia trip

We are a couple in our 60's who are planning a 14 day trip to Nova Scotia. We don't want to hike but like to sail. We are flying into Halifax. We want to go to the Bay of Fundy and the northern shores, the wine country, day trips from Halifax, and Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail Does any one have an idea of the best way to do all this. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been plotting my own 14-day trip there, also into/out-of Halifax... and I have years of repetition on this very forum to help focus my interests and desires.

First priority remains the Cabot Trail, and with 14 days, someone can park themselves near to it for 3 or 4 nights, and include whatever else they can fit in.

MY next greatest priority is Hopewell Cape, New Brunswick, (even though I've already been) as it is perhaps the most dramatic presentation of the Fundy tides.

You should decide whether you'd like to visit PEI, for IF you drive to Hopewell Cape as I will, the expensive bridge to PEI is relatively nearby.

Halifax day trips include Peggy's Cove, Mahone Bay, and Lunenburg. And perhaps even Truro for a view of the Tidal Bore.

Also, Burntcoat Head National Park might be best targeted via a day trip from Halifax.

Another idea for a driving trip in another direction is Annapolis Royal, perhaps for a night or two.

And whenever I can make an excuse for so doing, I like the bayside drive along highway 2 from Truro to Parrsboro.

(note to self: spend more time in the triangle marked by Parrsboro-Advocate Harbour-Joggins )

I hope this gives you a few ideas to add to your own. Maybe we need more specifics from you to give you the best assistance.