Road Trip! New Jersey to Tremblant

Nov 8th, 2002, 08:15 AM
lindybeth

Road Trip! New Jersey to Tremblant

My husband and I are planning a New Year's trip (Dec 27-Jan2) to Mont-Tremblant and staying at a nearby B&B in La Conception (about 10 min from the base of the mountain). I was wondering how we should spend New Year's Eve (we are both mid-20's, enjoy the outdoors, and are not huge party animals although we enjoy a couple of drinks)...I'm wondering if we should spend it in the ski village at Tremblant (if so, where?!) or drive to Montreal (again, where?!) to celebrate.

Also, we are thinking about making a huge detour a stay a night or two at Niagara Falls, CA on the way home since I have never been. Is this crazy? Too far? Too cold? Too much driving?

Thanks bunches!!!

Nov 8th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Sherry

Sorry I cant help you out with the New Years Eve question , we dont go out New years Eve But I can tell you that it would be a MAJOR detour to go to Niagara Falls. Minimum of 7 hours I would think. And all depends on the weather as well. I would skip that part and save it for another trip. If you have an extra day or two why not go to Montreal at the tail end or something like that, or to Ottawa for a day or two? Just some suggestions if you dont want to spend your whole time in Mont Tremblant.

Nov 8th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Louis

I'm sure there will be many options to celebrate New Year's Eve right in Tremblant (the Westin, the Marriott, Le Shack, La Forge, etc. will surely have something). Don't drive back to Montreal. It's 90 minutes each way.

Nov 8th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Lois

Louis is right. You may be young and fun-loving, but to me a 90-min. drive on a dark, icy highway on a night when people have been drinking doesn't sound like fun. The owners of your B&B will tell you where the action is in Tremblant, and you'll see that there is as much fun to be had there as in the city. It's an excruciatingly long drive to Niagara Falls, and I bet you'd be disappointed with the area--it's not a resort, like Tremblant. If you insist on making a detour, drive to Quebec City and wonderful Mont-Ste-Anne ski hill, though it is usually colder than the North Pole there at that time of year. Or you could drive home through the Eastern Townships of Quebec and overnight at one of the classy inns there, stuff yourselves silly with great food, and continue home via Vermont/New Hampshire instead of NYState thruway.

Nov 8th, 2002, 12:32 PM
xxx

There's a really good and quasi-romantic restaurant in St Jovite called L'Escallope. There are many decent restaurants also within Vieux Tremblant and it is sure to be a party scene New Years Eve.

Nov 14th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Brian

I'd say avoid Niagara. The Canadian falls are definately awesome, but the city is kind of... well not the best. However Ottawa is a posibility. 2 hours away, capital of Canada, great museums, great shopping, fun night life. Need anything specific I can tell you, lived here for 19 years.