Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   Revised east coast Iternary (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/revised-east-coast-iternary-238628/)

Mike Jul 11th, 2002 09:31 AM

Revised east coast Iternary

Ok I would like a final seal of approval on my vacation. We have done a few revisions and would like input from the east coast experts. Keep in mind that we aren't lie around the beach type so the busyness of this isn't a problem just want to make sure it is do able.<BR><BR>Day 1 Arrive from Ontario in Grand Falls NB about 4pm do Gorge Boat tour....bed<BR><BR>Day 2 Hartland Cov'd bridge on our way to Kingslanding off to Sussex for the night<BR><BR>Day 3 Travel to Hopewell rocks for low tide 10:50 am go to Hillsborough for Cave tour 1-4pm then back to Hopewell rocks for high tide 4:45pm spend the night in Hopewell Cape<BR><BR>Day 4... Magnetic Hill, over to Parlee beach for a bit then over the bridge and drive to Cavendish.<BR><BR>Day 5 spending the entire day in Cavendish...Anne of Green Gables and the beach.<BR><BR>Day 6 Drive part of the PEI coast and hit the 1:30 ferry to NS...drive to Baddeck to spend the night.<BR><BR>Day 7 Spend the entire day doing the Cabot Trail... spend the night in Sydney.<BR><BR>Day 8 Louisbourg Historical site as well as the lighthouse till about 2pm then ewe are in for a long drive all the way to Halifax..hopefull hit Pier 21 to get a passport (anyone heard of this)<BR><BR>Day 9 Peggy's cove....Tour the Town of Lunenburg.....drive to CLementport do the Gravy yard tour in Annapolis Royal.<BR><BR>Day 10 spend the entire day in the Digby area. Spending the night again in Clementsport<BR><BR>Day 11. Rockhounding in Parrsboro...then to Cape D'or lighthouse. Spending the night in Amherst Nova Scotia.<BR><BR>Day 12 heading home....sending night in St Stephens.<BR><BR>Day 13 almost home....spending night in Montpelier, Vermont<BR><BR>Day 14 Ben and Jerry Ice Cream tour then home.......<BR><BR>What do you all think are we nuts or can we do this.<BR><BR><BR> <BR>

Melissa Jul 11th, 2002 09:39 AM

I can't comment on the NS segment, but in NB, Kingslanding (I used to work there) is going to take I would say at least 4 hours. You really can't rush through it. I would say instead of staying at Sussex, stay in F'ton.

Mike Jul 11th, 2002 09:43 AM

Thank you for the quick response Melissa, is there a reason you would not stay in Sussex. Is it a nice area?

Tanya Jul 11th, 2002 10:14 AM

Well, I am tired just reading this! Sounds like an ambitious agenda!<BR><BR>The drive around Nova Scotia can be done but you are limiting your time in and around the City of Halifax. Pier 21 is a wonderful historic site and my children have gotten the "passport".<BR><BR>Instead of driving from the Digby area back into Amherst and then New Brunswick, you might want to consider the several ferries you can take. Two depart Yarmouth - one to Bar Harbour and one to Portland. There is also a ferry from Digby to Saint John, New Brunswick (1-888-249-7245) which takes about 3 hours to cross. Runs Mon-Sat 5am; 1pm; and 8:45pm. Sun just two crossing 1 and 8:45.<BR><BR>Have a great vacation and enjoy our Provinces!

Melissa Jul 11th, 2002 11:09 AM

Sussex is nice, just think F'ton is a lot closer to kings landing. F'ton is about a 1/2 hour east of King Landing, and Sussex is about 45 minutes to an hour east of f'ton. Another nice place actually might be the holiday inn in Mactiquac. It is probibly only about 15 minutes from Kings Landing, and is beautiful. It is near Mactiquac Provincial Park, which has a beach, golf, boating, fishing, etc