Restaurants in Lake Louise/Banff

Jul 17th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Restaurants in Lake Louise/Banff

Any great suggestions? Looking for special restaurants since this is our first time to the area and we do not know when we will get there again.
Jul 17th, 2004, 11:08 AM

Hello Nanlyngil,

If I remember correctly, you will be travelling with children. Perhaps they'll be bored with fine dining establishments (even if fine dining restaurants in the mountains are much more relaxed than their city counterparts).

In Banff you might consider Coyotes Grill, which is a casual place with Santa Fe decor. It's a perennial favourite, though, so you need to make reservations. I understand this is true even for lunch. Telephone (403) 762-3963.

In Lake Louise your family may enjoy the Station Restaurant. A train or two may ride by while you're dining.

If you let us know what atmosphere / cuisine you're after, we'll be able to give more specific suggestions.
Jul 18th, 2004, 04:13 AM

I've never been, but dh said one his most memorable meals ever was at the Banff Spring hotel dining room.
Jul 19th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Judy,

We will be travelling with my 14 year old son. We are looking for good food in a nice restaurant. Not a seven course fine dining restaurant, but one that is memorable for both its food and if possible ambiance.

Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:36 AM

The Post Hotel in Lake Louise has an excellent restaurant. And eating at Chateau Lake Louise is fun - you can't beat the view. There are several restaurants in the hotel.