Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quickest fly/ride route from NYC to Does anyone know the quickest way to reach Tadoussac from NYC. Here is the hitch I can fly in from NYC to Tadoussac

Search

Quickest fly/ride route from NYC to Does anyone know the quickest way to reach Tadoussac from NYC. Here is the hitch I can fly in from NYC to Tadoussac

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 05:39 AM
Ross

Does anyone know the quickest way to reach Tadoussac from NYC. Here is the hitch, I can fly in from NYC but once I reach an airport I need to use public transportaion.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 07:33 AM
Ross

Hi Ross. <BR> <BR>From one Ross to another, you can fly directly to Quebec City from Newark on Continental, take a taxi to the bus station, and then a bus to Tadoussac. Continental is having a fare-sale to Quebec City right now. <BR> <BR>Any questions, just ask. <BR> <BR>Ross. <BR> <BR> <BR>Ross.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 09:33 AM
Ross1

Hi Ross2, <BR> <BR>I am having trouble nailing down a reasonable flight as I want to leave Friday eveing and return Monday evening. Do you know the name of the bus service, how frequent the buses are or or or how long of a drive it is from Quebec City to Tadoussac

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Ross1

Ross2 I am only able to find fares to Montreal that are reasonable ($327) how long is the bus from Montreal to Tadoussac? If you know thanks.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 10:14 AM
Ross

Ross, <BR> <BR>Go to Cheaptickets.com to check out fares. It takes about 3 hours to get to Tadoussac from Quebec City, and about 6 hours from Montreal by bus. Are you going whale-watching in Tadoussac? <BR> <BR>Ross.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Ross

Yes whale watching is my only reason for going to Tadoussac. Do you know any places as good closer to Montreal? I was in Tadoussac one time just sitting on a rock jetty and a whale did one of those non-stop dives (where it takes for ever for there tail to appear) right in front of the rocks. It was so amazing to me. That was about 8 years ago.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Ross

Ross, <BR> <BR>You won't find a place to go whale-watching close to Montreal because their breeding grounds are around the entrance to where the Saguenay meets the St-Lawrence. <BR> <BR>Ross.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Ross

Any place closer than Tadoussac than is what I was wondering Ross.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 02:46 PM
Daniel Williams

Tadoussac is probably the closest place to Montreal other than the community across the Saguenay whose name I forgot (Baie Ste. Catherine?). And really that's nearly the same amount of travel time. 6 hours from MTL, 3 hours from QC. Good luck, have fun. <BR> <BR>I'm afraid I don't know the name of the bus service myself. Orleans Express is a big one, but if I remember correctly, only covers the South Shore of the Saint Lawrence after Quebec City. <BR> <BR>Enjoy. I loved Tadoussac.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 04:39 AM
Ross

Good Morning, Ross. <BR> <BR>I believe the name of the bus company that services Tadoussac from Quebec City is Intercar. <BR> <BR>Ross. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Daniel Williams

Hi <BR> <BR>InterCar may be reached at 1-888-861-4592; the 3 1/4 hour journey leaves Quebec City at 9:45am or 6:00 pm. Return leaves Tadoussac at 10:20am and 2:25/2:40 weekend/weekday. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip...(if you haven't left already). DAN