Question for Cape breton Experts

Oct 29th, 2001, 01:18 PM
xx

Question for Cape breton Experts

We have narrowed down our hotel choices in Cape breton for August to either the Silver Dart or Inverary Resort, both in Baddeck. We have 2 children ages 10 and 12. Which place is the better choice? Thanks.

Oct 31st, 2001, 07:38 AM
xx

To the Top.

Nov 6th, 2001, 08:37 AM
excaper

I have never stayed at the Silver Dart but have heard good things. We like the Inverary Inn a great deal. There are various room types to accommodate families and also lots for the kids to do.

If nothing else, I'm bringing this to the top again. I know there are lots of Capers out there to offer better advice regarding kids than I can!!

Nov 8th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Sam

We prefer the Inverary Inn for the following reasons:
1. It's closer to the water ( Silver Dart is across the road but has a spectacular view. Your choice!)
2. Inverary offers a more 'charming' ambience. We really enjoy their dining room.
3.Inverary Inn, as the name implies, has more of an 'Inn' feeling whereas Silver Dart could more appropriately be described as a 'motel'.

That said, both places are very nice. We used to stay @ Silver Dart w/ our parents when we visited Baddeck on our family trips. I still have pictures of my sister & me standing in front of the Silver Dart!

How long will you be there? Are you also going to Ingonish Beach? Your kids will love it! August is a great time to visit CB!

Search this Thread