Quebec New Years Eve

Oct 13th, 1998, 04:39 PM
Andrea

Quebec New Years Eve

We are planning a winter get away to Quebec. Any suggestion as per what to see and where to stay within reasonable budget.
Need to know where is very scenic that time of year.
Thanks.

Oct 14th, 1998, 05:27 AM
Jeph

Hey Andrea!!

It really depends what you are looking for. If you're looking for an urban experience, Montreal and Quebec city offer different yet equally enjoyable experiences. If you're more interested in the landscape, you might think of renting a chalet or condo at one of the many ski hills throughout the province (Tremblant is by no means your only option!) I would offer more advice but it's not clear how long you're staying, if you have a car, or what your budget is. Since I haven't really helped you out too much, don't hesitate to drop me a note if you want more info.

Sincerely,

Jeph

Oct 15th, 1998, 02:02 PM
Brian

I've been to the province of Quebec many times and I believe that you can best combine the best of urban life, landscape, romance, and sports around New Year's in Quebec City itself. The Old City is historic, rustic, and very romantic in the winter, with great dining and bistros. There's a vibrant night life both within and just outside the Old City's walls. Mount Ste-Anne (about 30-45 minutes east) combines great downhill and cross-country skiing. There's also a summer/winter fun park, "Village des sports" or "Palais des sports" northwest of town. Check the "Miniguides" available at the Fodor's home page for other ideas and book early.

Search this Thread