It felt like it would never get here...but finally, our trip is rapidly approaching! Yay!!
Normally when I travel I have just about every minute planned out. But all of the reading I've done has given me the notion that I will want to relax, wander, and take in the lovely architecture, enjoy an afternoon snack at a cafe or sit in a park and enjoy nature. Truly a different pace than most of my vacations but I'm game!
How has the weather been for you folks? It's been a soggy wet mess here in Michigan for the last week. We leave next Thursday - I'm hoping for a bit of blue and sunshine for at least part of the trip! Here's a very loose outline of what I hope to see and do - your feedback is appreciated!
We are leaving Detroit on Thursday afternoon/evening and are driving to just outside of Toronto and will spend the night.
Friday we drive to Quebec City to check in at Hotel 71
Dinner - ?? (suggestions for a nice place after driving all day??)
St. Laurent Bar at Le Chateau Frontenac – Jazz at 9:00
Marché Du Vieux Port (Farmers Market)
Grand tour (Tours Voir Québec) – 11:00 or 1:30 (lasts 2 hrs)
Morrin Center -tours at 3, 4, 5 pm
Levis ferry – views of Quebec (get ice cream at Chocolats Favoris)
Sainte-Anne de Beaupré Basilica
Montmorency Falls and ile de Orleans and Beaupre, mont-sainte Anne
Explore - go to Erico Chocolate and JA Moisan
Parliament Bldg tour (9:00 to 4:30)
Lunch reservations at Parliament restaurant – 1:30
Head for Montreal - will take scenic route part of the way
Check in at hotel - Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Dinner at Europea at 6:30
Free walking tour at 10:30
Boat tour – 12:30 (90 min) or 2:30 (60 min)
McCord Museum? – open late on Wednesday or until 6:00 on Thursday
Museum of fine arts (tours at 2:00 and 3:30)
Walking tour at 6:30? Has anyone taken the tour of QUARTIER DES SPECTACLES?
Botanical gardens (tours at 10:30 and 1:30)
Mt. Royal Park
Saturday - head home
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 समर्थन OUTLOOK 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset contact Tec*h care
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise accommodation and must do's.
- 3 East Cost Road trip from Toronto to NB, PEI, NS in 9 days
- 4 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI in 7 Days
- 5 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 6 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 7 Montreal for new Years
- 8 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 9 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 10 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 11 Toronto - here we come!
- 12 Christmas in Quebec City
- 13 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 14 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 15 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 16 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 17 Montreal for New Years
- 18 Babymoon Destination
- 19 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 20 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 21 My Family Travle Vlog
- 22 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 25 Quebec City Cozy Pubs