Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quebec City Labor day with kids 4,8 and 9yrs old.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Sarah

Any must do's ? We have 3 days in Quebec city and I was hoping for some resturant ideas as well as things to do. The kids are well behaved and used to dining out. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:36 PM
topper

ttt

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Juniper

We did Quebec city this summer, and the one restaurant I really enjoyed is just outside of the city in a small town called<BR>The restaurant is called "Cafe Bleu Cobalt". It's small, quaint, Parisienne, and if you go there for lunch (soup, sandwiches on a baguette) it's quite reasonable. It's on Avenue de la Gare in Montmagny, I'm guessing about 20-30 min. drive from the city (which is scenic anyway).<BR>If you take the kids to McDonalds, get a side order of their baked beans- they're quite good.<BR>If money is no object, everyone says the restaurant "Aux Anciens Canadiens" serves the quintessential Quebec fare in a beautiful atmosphere- it's in an ancestral home, and I think it's one of the oldest in the city.<BR>I also recommend your family doing the horse-drawn carriage tour in the old part of the city. I think it was $60 for our family of 4 (two teen girls) for about a 45 min. lectured tour.<BR><BR>Bonne Vacances!<BR>Juniper

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:09 PM
LB

Just returned from Quebec with kids - a little older than yours, though. They enjoyed the Museum of Civilization in lower town near the Place Royale - an interesting exhibit on cowboys and lots of kid-oriented activites including puppet shows, hands on demonstrations, crafts etc. More kid-focused than any museum I've ever been to other than a children's museum per se. Try the ferry to Levis or an excursion boat and don't forget the funicular ... oh, and try just walking around in the evening. There is so much street entertainment you won 't know where to look from jugglers and magicians to musicians, especially try the boardwalk at the top of the funicular.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Sarah

Thanks for the info!