Notices

Quebec City Honeymoon

May 25th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Quebec City Honeymoon

My fiancee and I are planning to go to Quebec City this October after our wedding. We are both in our mid twenties and are not looking for a party or anything of that sort. I was wondering if I could get any suggestions of places to go or places to stay. We hope to just do a lot of roaming around and finding whatever happens across our path, but it would be nice to have a few things on our must list. Just kind of flooded with information at the moment and would be nice to get some filtered responses. Thank you very much for your time in assisting us!

Also is it worth while to rent a car and travel north into Charlevoix for whale watching and just a day or two away from the city? Is October too late to see whales? I was thinking maybe 4 days in Quebec city 2 up north and then one day back in the city before flying home.

Blake
May 25th, 2013, 08:29 AM

Yes, Charlevoix is worthwhile if only for the scenery, you could even head up to Tadoussac for whale watching. I remember seeing the belugas from the shore in Tadoussac (in late May); I don't know about October.

As far as Quebec City is concerned, I've been about a half dozen times and other than general strolling in Vieux Quebec and the Plains of Abraham, standouts for me were seeing the Quebec Parliament building where the Assemblée Nationale meets and strolling in Parc Bois de Coulonge. Others have told me they enjoyed visiting les Chutes de Montmorency and taking the ferry to Levis.

Have a great trip!
Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
cjx

Treat yourself & sty at Le Manoir Richeleu in the Charlevoix region. Great food, views - you can even see whales from there- sightseeing on the Sagenauy ad great golf with spectacular views. The people there are very friendly. Not far from Quebec City. QC is wonderful in itself and you can really enjoy just walking around the old city and soaking it in. Wonderful place for a honeymoon.

Search this Thread