Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sister and family are moving from Brazil to Kelowna at the end of November so her husband can attend graduate school. My husband and I, and our two young girls, are planning on visiting them right after Christmas for one week. My sister will have been there for a month before we get there, but she'll be tied up with finding an apartment, school for the kids, etc. We have no idea where to stay and I can't rely on her to look into this once she gets there (plus it leaves us little time to plan).
Any recommendations on where to stay, what to see?
Also, if anyone one can let me know of good areas to move into with good public schools with ease of access to the university, that would be great!
Thanks so much!
Old Oct 20th, 2016, 01:16 PM

hello,
a great local website for Kelowna is castanet.net and view the classified section (for your sister looking for rentals)Perhaps the Glenmore or Dilworth areas may be good for her since for proximity to the University which is on the north side near the airport

The south side is a nice area for schools, parks and residential, but further from the university.

Staying for a week especially at Christmas you may want to stay right downtown at the Grand Okanagan Resort by Marriot.
I visit Kelowna quite a bit, but more towards the south side of the city where we have friends. Hotel recommendation on the south side would be Manteo Resort which is condo-like rentals.

Kelowna is a very popular tourist area and there are plenty of good hotels, which you can find on-line. Because we stay with friends, we are not that familiar with the hotels other than those mentioned above.
Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the great tips!