Photos of Canadian Rockies and Badlands

Feb 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Photos of Canadian Rockies and Badlands

This album covers the following places and day trips I have been to at the Canadian Rockies and Badlands:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559846130qJLHFM

1. Nakoda Lodge – Nakoda Lodge is at the foothills of the Canadian Rockies around 15 minutes away from Canmore, Alberta. We had a staff retreat over there and it is a beautiful place! In addition, our company arranged a Nakoda Native cultural experience for us.
2. Icefields Parkways during winter – the weather was unusually warm during new year of 2006 and we decided to take a drive to Jasper. I personally prefer to go to the mountains during summer, and the Icefields Parkway was very icy. However, the Athabasca Falls is absolutely stunning and makes the trip worthwhile. Of course, Jasper is such a lovely town to explore anytime.
3. Canmore – a pretty town right outside the Banff National Park with million dollar homes. I took my relatives and family over there and it was a lovely side trip from Calgary. The view of Three Sisters is especially memorable.
4. Morraine Lake – we visited this very beautiful lake on our way back from Okanagan, British Columbia. What a stunning lake and a must see for anyone who is visiting the Banff National Park. The water is the unbelievably green…
5. Various older trips to beautiful Jasper and surrounding areas. Patricia Lake and Pyramid Lakes are really pretty and pretty close to the Jasper town site, and I love the wildlife viewing opportunities in the Jasper National Park. On another separate trip, we drove all the way to Maligne Lake.
6. An older trip with my relatives and family visiting the Columbia Icefields, beautiful Lake Louise and Chateau Lake Louise, vibrant Banff town site and the castle like Banff Springs Hotel. We stayed in Calgary overnight and visited Drumheller the next day. Drumheller’s badlands and Royal Tyrrell Museum are very interesting. Other points of interests in Drumheller are Reptile World and the world’s largest Dinosaur.

Hope you enjoy the album.

Thanks

Ben
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:20 AM

Thanks for sharing your photos. Enjoyed revisiting some of the places we went to during our July 2007 trip.
Feb 13th, 2008, 06:33 AM

Bencito

Many thanks for posting your lovely pics, we are heading to Canada this summer and its great to see your photo's, I'm really excited about our trip

Lucie

Search this Thread