Golden to Keremeos How Long?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long would it take to go from Golden, BC to Keremeos? I would like to travel along down to Nakusp to Vernon to Keremeos? I'm more interested in scenery than time. Any info would be greatly appreciated. How are the roads along this route? Thanks, Jeff
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM

I do the drive from Calgary to the Okanagan often but don't usually go via Nakusp. From Golden to Keremeous you it is about 6 1/2 hours. Add a couple of hours to that if you go via Nakusp. If you want to have a more scenic route and add another 1/2 hour to the trip drive down through Oliver to Osoyoos and back up to Keremeous from there. You drive through wine and orchard country and then the drive from Osoyoos back up to Keremeous is just gorgeous.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks traveller69. Can anyone tell me what the route would be like through Nakusp. I thought taking the ferry would be neat for our boys6&10. Maybe I'll skip that and go down to Osoyoos like you suggested. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeff
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM

Jeff

The drive itself through Nakusp isn't as scenic as the section of Hwy 1 you would miss from Revelstoke to Sicamous. The ferry is fun for kids but it isn't in my opinion worth the extra time and as I said not as scenic. I'm just curious why you are ending up in Keremeous - do you have someone to visit there? I think it is a neat little town but not many people know about it.
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again. My final destination is Maple Falls,WA near where my sister lives so Keremeos is a overnight stopping point along the way. The area looks gorgeous and not as crowded as say Kelowna & Penticton. So now I think I'll skip Nakusp and go the way you suggested. Thanks again, Jeff
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 08:08 AM

Just one more suggestion - Keremeous is a nice little town but the area you drive from Penticton to Osoyoos is the same scenery. Did you consider doing the Cascade Loop through Withrop, Twisp to Sedro Woooley and back up to Maple Falls? That drive is spectacular and crossing into the States at Osoyoos is a breeze. (There are lots of great motels in the Osoyoos area)
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

I have driven through Withrop and the Cascades on a previous trip and it is quite a spectular drive but I was trying to save some time by going the other way. Thanks again, Jeff
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 05:55 PM

I just stayed in Keremeos for two nights. There did not seem to be much for motels there but we stayed at the Login BandB just out of town. www.loginbnb.com
The price sure beat the previous night at Days Inn in Kelowna and the views and rooms are real nice.

I drove south from Vernon through Kelowna and Penticton to Keremeos. The only warning I can give is to try to avoid going through Kelowna during rush hour times. It can take a while to go over the bridge across the Okanagan Lake. The scenery is great right through that area, although some of it was spoiled by smoke from forest fires.
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

The Login B&B is actually where we will be staying. I'm glad to hear how nice you thought it was. I was sold by the pictures on the website. Thanks for the heads up on the traffic at rush hour. Jeff