Reload this Page >

Quadra Island to Port Angeles?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Eileen

Quadra sounds lovely. Where should we stay overnight?<BR>Does anyone know how long it will take, and how, to get from Quadra to Port Angeles in one day?<BR>Thanks very much.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 07:15 PM
April

I don't know the best lodge/resort/inn on Quadra as I've only ever done day trips there. It will take some time to get to Port Angeles. First there is the ferry from Quadra. The ride across isn't long at all but there's always waiting in a line-up. Then - I haven't driven that highway in a while so I'm guessing - a 4 or so hour drive, followed by a wait at the Coho ferry assuming that's what you plan to do. The best case scenario would have you in Port Angeles by about 4:30 pm. But if you're traveling in July or August there is probably a good chance you might not get on the 3:00 pm sailing or even the last one at 7:30. Perhaps an island closer to Washington might be a better idea.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 09:16 PM
A Traveller

April is sincere but her info is often far from accurate-be advised.<BR><BR>www.aprilpoint.com<BR><BR>www.coas talspirits.bc.ca<BR><BR>www.heriotbayinn.com<BR><B R>www.quadraresort.ca<BR><BR>www.vquest.com/seascape<BR><BR>www.takuresort.com

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 03:18 PM
PseudoPreRegistrationUser

Thanks for responding. Perhaps we should skip going so far up the eastern side of Vancouver Island. Do you have suggestions of where might be nice, closer in, but not Victoria since we're starting our trip there.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 04:36 PM
April

A Traveller can chime in any time with lots of really good, accurate info for you. Anyway, I'm not really sure what you're looking for. Parksville and Qualicum Beach are upisland but not as far and don't require a ferry. Personally I prefer Parksville (in the off-season). From there you can visit places like Englishman River Falls, Cathedral Grove and Coombs. <BR><BR>Or you could stay closer still on an easily accessible island like Saltspring. There's not a lot to do there but it could be relaxing. Maybe add a day trip enroute, to Sidney Spit (no cars there) from Sidney.<BR><BR>If you were wanting to splurge you could stay at places like the Airie on the Malahat and visit Goldstream Park, or the Sooke Harbour House and visit beaches further out.<BR><BR>I think my choice would be the Parksville area.<BR><BR>Over to you, A Traveller.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Eileen

Gee, did I step in the middle of something?<BR>Thanks for these ideas. I'm sitting down to read up on them right now.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:04 PM
April

Nothing of any consequence. Good luck with your planning. There are several places to stay, by the way, in Parksville both on and above the beach by Rathtrevor Park.