My girlfriend and I just bought tickets flying in and out of Deer lake from August 23-30. We've also already booked a rental car for the week. We haven't decided on an itinerary but we know that we would like to concentrate on exploring Gros Morne. We are also considering making the trip to L'ans aux Medows or maybe Twilightgate or forgo island area.
In Gros Morne we are interested in day hikes and exploring the nature. How does one best do this? Should we pick a place as a base for exploration and stay there for multiply nights or would it be best to change accommodations often? Any recommendations? We would also like to explore smaller villages etc.
With only a week is it worth it to make the trip up to L'ans aux Medows? Anything to see/do along the way? If we do visit L'ans aux Medows is it best to make the drive in a straight shot?
For those of you who have a lot of experience and knowledge of Newfoundland, what would you recommend to a couple of first timers who have a week and are flying in and out of deer lake?
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 AOL $ 1800~681 7208 Passwords Reset Contact AOL Tec*h care 24*7 ak47baba
- 2 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 3 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 4 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 5 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 6 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 7 Montreal for New Years
- 8 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 9 Babymoon Destination
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 12 My Family Travle Vlog
- 13 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 14 Ottawa in December
- 15 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 16 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 17 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 18 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 19 Montreal & Quebec City
- 20 Victoria in December
- 21 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 22 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 23 Happy Canada Day
- 24 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 25 What is famous in canada?