Always appreciate Fodorites' input so I'm throwing it out there once again!
Need advice as to where to stay in Calgary in January next year ..22nd please
Coming in from ny with daughter 22 and son 19 to meet my husband who'll be flying from Sydney Australia in one big swoop
We will have most of the day to hang round waiting for him to fly in early evening so we are looking to stay the night in Calgary rather than following through with the original plan of driving straight on to Banff...our actual destination
I guess we should stay downtown?
Last time husband and I overnighted at the acclaim hotel and then drove to Banff...this time the kids and I will take a cab to some hotel ...and head out to have a look at Calgary whilst we wait for my husband to arrive, pick up the rental etc and meet us
We obviously need three beds to accommodate our family so that probably means a family suite
Doesn't have to be flash...just clean and a safe neighbourhood
Id prefer to just step out and be central to ' things'...we only have a few hours...just a meal and a bit of a look around
I'm only familiar with the cross iron shopping mall where I bought some snow boots last time so id appreciate suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Are you being relocated to Toronto?
- 2 HP printer 1800:570:1233 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h by 24/7
- 3 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 4 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 5 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 6 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 7 Montreal for New Years
- 8 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 9 Babymoon Destination
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 12 My Family Travle Vlog
- 13 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 14 Ottawa in December
- 15 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 16 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 17 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 18 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 19 Montreal & Quebec City
- 20 Victoria in December
- 21 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 22 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 23 Happy Canada Day
- 24 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 25 What is famous in canada?