Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   Omni in Montreal (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/omni-in-montreal-228534/)

anncat Jun 5th, 2002 05:38 PM

Omni in Montreal

I just got a rate of $90 a night for 2 nights on priceline. On my last 2 visits I stayed at the Queen Elizabeth which I loved but they were booked and I took a chance for the first time with priceline. I am curious as to how good a location Omni is in since I liked the location of Queen Elizabeth and thought it was situated at a convenient spot. Any help appreciated as to how this hotel compares to Queen E.

L Jun 5th, 2002 05:50 PM

Please give the address and I will let you know since I don't know this hotel

Brian Kilgore Jun 5th, 2002 06:14 PM

Someone told me last week it's the old Four Seasons, which means it is on Sherbrooke, a few blocks north and a couple of blocks east of the Queen Elizabeth. It's close to the main museum, Ben's Deli (a favorite of mine) and only a couple of blocks from shopping, etc.<BR>All in all, a fine location.<BR><BR>BAK

cindy Jun 6th, 2002 08:03 AM

The Omni is indeed the old 4 seasons (was also caleed Westin, briefly) and is a great hotel. It's on Sherbrooke, a few blocks east of the Musee des Beaux Arts.<BR>Many rooms on high floors have spectacular views of Mont Royal and the rooms themselves (dark wood, marble baths) are very elegant.<BR><BR>I've been trying to get the Omni for my trip, but they 'ran out' of promotional rates and have been quoting me rates of $150 US and up. When you bid on Priceline, was this your first bid or did you start lower? Also, for what dates, if I may ask? I would love to get a rate like that for the Omni!

anncat Jun 6th, 2002 12:10 PM

Hi Cindy I am staying for 2 nights June 22-24th. I actually tried a low bid of $70 first and was rejected but increased it 72 hours later to $90 since it was getting closer to the time we were going and also when I tried to book hotels by phone they were all getting booked up so I assume it is the start of the busy season. I am delighted with the rate and I am sure if you look at biddingfortravel.com you can get some additional feedback on your bid but be careful if you plan on going soon as to what you bid since I did not realize I had to wait 72 hours to bid again. Good luck.

cindy Jun 6th, 2002 12:34 PM

Thanks, Anncat.<BR>I actually tried Priceline today (having checked with Biddingfortravel.com first)and my bids of up to $75 were rejected. I'm not going for a a couple of weeks yet so I have time and plan to rebid--just wanted to get an idea of what dates were attached to what price.<BR>Enjoy the Omni!

kate Jun 7th, 2002 06:34 PM

The Omni is the better location of the two.Ask for a room on a high floor,facing Mont Royal or Sherbrook,that is the best view. We were upgraded one year to a Jr Suite and that was great!We stayed the first time when it was a Four Seasons,once when it was the Westin and the last time the Omni:) everytime was excellent.<BR>Do try to have dinner at the Chinese restaurant downstairs,Zen.It is amazing and not like any chinese restaurant experience you have had!<BR>The hotel is just a matter of blocks from the Museum of Fine Art, Holt Renfrew department store(my favorite),many lovely galleries and a gem called the Petit Musee.<BR>Just across the street is McGill College, around the corner is Peel,where you will find many restaurants,and CAtherine where all the shops,restaurants,cinemas and music stores are.<BR>Have a great time`!