Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia trip the week of July 4th 2020

Old Feb 25th, 2020, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

.........towing a 27 ft. Winnebago travel trailer. Good morning! I hope there are a few travelers out there that pull travel trailers that could offer some advice to myself and my husband. We are traveling from New Jersey to Bangor, Maine - staying over the night of July 3rd. From there we will be heading into Nova Scotia, but not taking a ferry. To me, looking at the maps, I think that taking 95 to Trans-Canada Hwy. to Dartmouth on into Halifax, although boring, would be the better route towing a travel trailer. Any input please is welcome if this is correct or if you think another route is just as good. My other concern is to make sure that we have ease of finding gas stations that can accommodate our travel trailer.

Thank you so much for any help!

Melinda
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 08:23 AM

I do not have a trailer BUT I travel to PEI yearly from Philadelphia the way you have planned. A bit more miles but no traffic and interstate travel. Just make sure you top off on fuel before leaving Maine! They do have gas stations along the way to accommodate your trailer just a lot more $$ for fuel in Canada. Keep an eye out for deer, moose and bears along the way, we have encountered all 3 along the shoulders in our many years of going this way.

Last edited by tlc195; Feb 25th, 2020 at 08:26 AM.
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!