Niagra on the Lake hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I and 2 teenaged chldren will be in Niagra on the Lake in August and are looking for a memorable hotel to stay in. I would prefer the cost to be no more than $300 per night, American $$. We would like a suite if possible to accomodate all of us comfortably. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 01:49 PM
nkh

You specified &quot;memorable&quot; which I take to mean not just a chain hotel. I suggest you take a look at the angel inn www.angel-inn.com <BR><BR>They state &quot;popular and lively most evenings and weekends&quot;, so it depends what you are looking for. I havent stayed there but relatives have and enjoyed it (I intend to stay there some time!). I have eaten there for pub-style food which is good, and the atmosphere is fun.<BR><BR>Rates seem well within your price range and it is right in the middle of NOTL. They advertize a &quot;large suite&quot; and a &quot;double suite&quot;. The &quot;Generals Suite&quot; has 2 bedrooms, so is probably the type of thing you are looking for.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 05:21 PM

Check out Queens Landing (www.vintageinns.com). The waterside/marina location is gorgeous, there's terrific dining within and nearby, and it's a short walk from the main street. <BR><BR>You can go to www.niagaraonthelake.com or www.shawfest.com and fill out an e-form with all your preferences, and you'll be sent recommendations. There are lots of choices. Many residents have added &quot;lodging&quot; to their private homes that are gorgeous, spacious, have kitchens (fireplaces, jacuzzis, etc.) and very reasonably priced.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 12:09 PM

There are many memorable inns in NOTL. I like the Oban Inn but I'm partial to the views from the dining room across a golf course to the mouth of the Niagara and Lake Ontario. The common rooms are stately and the bedrooms are traditional. It still has that old time feel but was completely rebuilt in the old style after a fire destroyed it in 1992. There's only 22 rooms. They are a 'Vintage Inn' property www.vintageinns.com. They also own the Prince of Wales, Pillar &amp; Post and Queen's Landing. I've only had a pint at the Angel Inn. It is unique but not quite as fancy as the others. All are in a perfect location for walking the town.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 03:46 PM

The Angel Inn is OK for a meal but I would choose either Queen's Landing or The Prince of Wales hotels to stay at.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 05:39 AM

Since you have teenaged children, also check out the Pillar and Post. It's a great place to stay, and I believe it's the only place with a pool (both indoor and outdoor) that your kids will enjoy, especially in August.