Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > Need help to organize my NB & NS (Halifax) trip !
Notices

Need help to organize my NB & NS (Halifax) trip !

Sep 25th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Need help to organize my NB & NS (Halifax) trip !

Hello !

I'm planning to go to Halifax by train then rent a car for more liberty. I'll take the train back from Moncton (not sure yet). My trip will allow me to travel almost 3 days (from Thursday 5.30pm to Sunday 4pm in Moncton). Unfortunately, I cannot spend more time there so I would like to make the best of it...

The purpose of this trip is to see if I can live there as I will be under a working holiday visa and as I'm bilingual I would like to work in a bilingual environment but also in a place close to nature and not too crowded like Vancouver or Toronto.
So well, I would like to investigate these potential places before looking for a job in these areas.

Which cities/towns do you advise me to visit ? Where are the most scenic places to see ? The best places to live and work ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Oct 6th, 2013, 04:58 PM

Are you implying that you're coming from, say, Ontario or Quebec, and that you'll rent a car in Halifax and return it in Moncton... and that you have 70 hours?

We can't tell how much time your personal tasks will demand, so it would be crazy to send you on some wild and scenic joyride when you want to get something done.

IF I understand correctly, then you hardly have time for anything scenic.

I guess you owe it to yourself to spend 1 1/2 days in the Halifax/Dartmouth area, if indeed you are seeking possible employment in that area.

Then I guess you do a one-way path from Halifax-Truro-Moncton-Hopewell Cape (for a bit of scenery) at low tide, and then back to Moncton, where you will spend the rest of your time.

Search this Thread