Montreal Carding For Alcohol

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montreal Carding For Alcohol

I will be going to montreal over Christmas break. I am 17 years old and look fairly older. The drinking age is 18 in montreal and I was wondering do they card? I will be with my parents and we won't be going to clubs, but do they card at restaurants or depanneurs when ordering/purchasing alcohol? If my parents permiss them to serve it to me will they do it? Help is greatly appreciated
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 04:49 AM

Why would a 17 year old travelling with parents care about carding in a depanneur? If the travel arrangements are as described, surely the parents can buy the alcohol.

No personal experience , but I believe many restaurants in Montreal are BYOB, and I suspect would take no notice of parents pouring a glass of wine for an older looking teenager.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 06:06 AM

Congratulations on knowing the word "depanneur"; you sound ready for Montreal. "Carding" however is mostly an American term. As long as you are with your parents you can probably have a glass of wine, particularly in a bring-your-own-bottle restaurant (AVV -- apportez votre vin.) At the depanneur your age is more likely to be checked for cigarettes but still why try to bend the rules in a small business where one infraction caught could sink the owner.