Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Narrowed it fdown to Mt. Tremblant. Now need some inside info from the skiers!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 03:28 PM
John

Hi all...and Happy New Year!<BR><BR>I want to stay close to the east coast and decided to give Tremblant a try. Has anyone any inside info on:<BR>Lodging<BR>Food<BR>Apre ski fun!<BR><BR>I have been looking a numerous properties and I think a Condo is best for our group. I see a lot of different locations for the condos. I would like a nice ski-in/out or one in the main section for dinner.apre time. Any suggestions? <BR>Thanks to all that respond!<BR>JOHN<BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 05:58 AM
John

Hey C'mon all you Skiers! I try to help others on this site where I can. I will take any information that you can share. I have prices on a few properties but I like to get some first hand FODORS response!<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>JOHN

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:11 AM
chris

Hi John, The condo idea is great, there's lots of restaurants in the village but it saves a lot of money and time if you can eat breakfast and some meals at the condo. We've stayed several times at a ski-in ski-out condo that is privately owned, great deal.(www.magma.ca/~culverd/)There are many cheaper condos within a 15 minute drive but we really prefer the ski-in option. <BR>There's lots of restaurants and activities in the village but there are also several villages within a 15 minute drive that have nice restaurants and cheaper prices. <BR>This winter's weather hasn't been too kind to the ski resorts, hope things improve before your visit.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 12:45 PM
John

Hi Chris:<BR><BR>Thanks for the input. How easy is it to get around the villiage w/o a car?<BR>JOHN

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 02:56 AM
chris

The actual ski resort is walking only.<BR>You only need a car if you plan to stay outside the area or do some venturing into the other villages. There's also a shuttle bus system so I guess you could actually stay outside the village area and still manage without a car.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Lisa

I've never stayed in a condo within the village but there are a lot and they all look like a good location. We get a suite with a kitchenette at the Chateau Fairmont Tremblant as it has the best location and one of the few properties on the mountain that I know of which has a pool.<BR>Have you tried this website ?http://www.tremblant.com/accommodation/maps/resort-base-e.asp<BR><BR>Accommodations A - G are ski in. The Marriott Residence Inn is also very convenient. The Tremblant Sunstar ones marked in yellow are I think slightly further out but may be bigger and more luxurious, but I am open to correction.<BR><BR> It is also quite confusing as there are actually 2 villages, the Westin- created property which is at the base of the mountain and the actual (old)<BR>village of Tremblant which is about 2 - 3 miles away.<BR><BR>We have also stayed at condos at St Jovite about 10 miles away which are very reasonably priced. You do need a car if you are there. There is a great restaurant in St Jovite in the old train station called "Antipasto". My husband swears their onion soup and casear salad are the best.<BR><BR>A good vibe (casual atmosphere)at the Shack at the base of the mountain, - food so so. Le Gascon -avoid, food was awful last year. The creperie at the base of the ski village - is outstanding. The Fairmont has a great lounge with fireplace for relaxing in the evening.<BR><BR>Hope that helps.We will be there over MLK weekend so if you need more info after that I'll try to get it for you.<BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Alex

Hi John,<BR><BR>For ski-in and out you have a couple of options to stay in the village and just walk the few metres from either of the main hotels that offer ski lockers. Stay at the base of the village such as the Marriot and take the small pedestrian lift to the base of the main hill turbo lift. Then there is the second area or the residences on the hill that offer either the shuttle service or literally the ski-in (be sure to ask your reservation agent as they claim all properties on the hill are ski-out).<BR>As far as suggestions go the Sun-Star properties offer the most reasonable and nicest condos as far as I am concerned. These are truly stand alone condos with all the options of home kitchen, washer...etc. If prep of meals is not an issue then take a room at either the Westin or the Chateau Tremblant. P.S. The Windigo at the Chateau Tremblant offers great buffets on Thurs, Fri and Sat nights. Various themes Fri usually seafood for $50Can a person. As mentioned earlier Tremblant.com is a great overview. When you book with them you will also get a discount on your passes as with the hotels. Good luck and great skiing.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:28 AM
John

Hello All:<BR><BR>Thanks for replying! I have been out of touch because I had to give back my computer. The information is excellent! I also had looked at B&B's and 'La Lupin" seems like a great deal. The group still wants to fly up, take the shuttle, stay slopside and shuttle back. The car option is not in the cards right now! But great info!<BR><BR>Thanks JOHN