I posted earlier in the month in another section of the forums, concerning options in England for a mother daughter trip in 2015 or 2016. My mother and I had settled then on York, England.
This was before she started reading about Maritime Canada, which she is now entranced with. So, we are going to explore the idea of visiting that part of Canada, and are trying to decide what island may be a good fit .... either PEI or St Johns Newfoundland.
We will have 7-9 days total available to us, and a modest budget. While I like hiking around outside in parks and trails, my mother has arthritis in her knees, so excessive walking / hiking is not an option. Really, what she wants to be able to do is leisurely drive around to varying villages and sit and have tea or lunch in a local place and just absorb local culture. Historical things fascinate both of us. She loves quilting and knitting, crafting of all sorts really ... and pastoral type places. We both prefer staying at a B&B as opposed to a hotel.
I suspect that PEI is going to be more her style, but I wanted to verify.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:482:3831 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 3 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 4 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 5 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 6 Montreal for New Years
- 7 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 8 Babymoon Destination
- 9 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 10 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 11 My Family Travle Vlog
- 12 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 13 Ottawa in December
- 14 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 15 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 16 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 17 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 18 Montreal & Quebec City
- 19 Victoria in December
- 20 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 21 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 22 Happy Canada Day
- 23 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 24 What is famous in canada?
- 25 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria