Reload this Page >

Montreal to Mt tremblant to Niagra Falls

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 12:12 PM
P

Our family is planning a trip from NJ to Montreal for one night and then to Mt. Tremblant for three nights and then to Niagra Falls for one nighton the way home. Does anyone know how far a drive it is to Niagra Falls FROM Mt. Tremblant? It may be too far for us to go I was thinking. Also What would be a VERY NICE hotel to stay in Niagra Falls with two children ages 10-12.That is if its not too far. We may have to go to ottawa instead possible. Thank you for any information or tips you can give.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 12:25 PM
gayle

By my calculations I figure it's about 8 hours from Tremblant to NF. There are NO, I repeat NO very nice hotels in NF. Other than seeing the falls, the town is one big tourist trap with kitchy souvenir shops and really bad food. Ottawa is a lovely city, very pretty with the tulip festival (Late May, early June), the Byward Market area, Parliament Hill and the Parliament Buildings, National Gallery and other cultural sites.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Jenn

There are very nice hotels in Niagara-on-the-Lake. A town about a half hour drive from the falls.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Gayle

Jen makes a very good point. I didn't think of it but Niagara-on-the-Lake is a lovely area, a bit touristy but quaint none the less. Lots of nice hotels and G&B's there. Pillar and Post, Price of Wales are both very nice.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 06:32 PM
glenda

I would also recommend going to Ottawa instead of Niagara Falls, it is a nice city with good attractions for your children. It is way too long a drive to Niagara Falls, I live about an hour east of Niagara and it took us 7 hours of straight driving to get home from Mont Tremblant, if you get caught in any traffic, especially through Toronto it will take you longer.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 02:32 AM
P

Wow! I didn't realize there wer NO nice hotels in Niagra Falls. I was pretty shocked to read that. Maybe I will look into Ottawa then like everyone said. Anyone else with an opinion?Thank you all.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:18 AM
Sherry

Suggesting to drive to Niagara Falls "on the way home", for one night stay only, seems very out of the way. Unless of course you wanted to drive home across NY state for some reason. It is at least 8 hours from Tremblant to Niagara, and as someone else mentioned, only if you encounter no traffice issues in Toronto, which could tie you up for an extra hour or more,and that would be straight driving across the freeway, no stopping, etc. It would be like suggesting to drive to the Carolina's, "on your way home".<BR>The suggestion to go to Ottawa from Tremblant is a good one, approximately 2 hours max door to door. Allows you to enjoy the day in Ottawa, strolling around the city ie: market area, museums, canal, etc. A lovely place to visit. And not have to spend a full day in the car to get there. <BR>Niagara Falls is quite frankly a touristy, tacky type town, for the most part anyway. Niagara on the Lake, as others have mentioned can be quite charming, but I certainly wouldnt drive 8 hours to get there, spend one night, and turn around and drive all the way back. Perhaps save that part of Ontario for another trip. Big province to cover, you could make many trips here and never have seen the half of it! Happy travels!