Montreal Restaurant Question

Dec 4th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Montreal Restaurant Question

I am planning a trip to Montreal next year and have already received great advice to earlier questions regarding hotels and coffee.

Looking for moderately priced restaurants, around $30 to $40C per person including a glass of wine or beer with dinner, comfortable atmosphere with good service. Some research has turned up a few possibilities, how are these restaurants given our price range? Any suggestions or comments?

French: Au Pied de Cochon, Au Petit Extra or Le P'tit Plateau.

Italian: Tre Marie, Il Mulino or Misto.

Japanese: Soto or Katsura

Steak: Le Biftheque or Le Keg. I think Gibby's or Moishe's would be out of our price range.

Thanks for your help.
Dec 4th, 2003, 02:26 PM

Le Petit Extra is our favorite of the places you have listed..that we have been to.
Excellent price for a bit of Paris on a Montreal corner. Service is great, food is very good. I wish I could go there tonight for dinner
Dec 4th, 2003, 02:49 PM

Au Pied de Cochon has an odd menu; I don't care for it, it's all pork in a very rustic preparation; limited menu, not cheap either.

You bring your own wine at le Ptit Plateau, the food is superb.

For steak you might like l'Entrecôte St. Jean on Peel Street; it's a strip steak and frites, done the french way, salad, soup, steak and dessert (profiterolles) is around $20, and they have a house wine.

There's 15% tax on meals in montreal so keep that in mind.
Having a glass of house wine will keep your costs down.

Gibby's is overpriced (imo) . Keg and Bifthèque are very casual but good.

I think you should find great meals with your budget; specially if you explore St. Denis street and certain areas of St. Laurent. I'll try to post more suggestions another time.   

Search this Thread