Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   Montreal Restaraunts-Girls Weekend (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/montreal-restaraunts-girls-weekend-540688/)

RChandler1118 Jun 30th, 2005 10:31 AM

Montreal Restaraunts-Girls Weekend

My two best friends and I are heading to Montreal the last weekend of July to celebrate our birthdays. We are looking for a great restaraunt to do so. We would like something "trendy" and fun. Good food would help (we love sushi, french and seafood)! Any suggestions?? P.S. Price is not an issue (for that night anyway)

oneillchris Jun 30th, 2005 03:39 PM

well depending on your age and the reason for the trip, a bacholorette party or a divorce party calls for club 281 our version of Chippendales, but you need to book early the line up is around the block.

For Dinning I love old montreal area, even if you want to be trendy take the bateau Mouche fireworks dinner tour its amazing.

For sea food I like la maree in old montreal, for steak its a toss up between Gibbys and Que de cheval (translated horses tail)

For Sushi Im told Kaizen sushi and jazz in very cool but have never tried it. If you direct a more specific reply Ill reply specifically.

Oh another thing that my clients have always liked was the Haunted House dinner theatre, Warning it is very scary, they play on your senses.

Anyway no lack of superior restaurants in MTL you could spend a life eating out here, In NA only New York has a higher ratio per capita of 5* restaurants.

mitchdesj Jun 30th, 2005 04:13 PM

I got caught on the word "trendy" so may I add this suggestion: Cavalli on Peel Street,
between de Maisonneuve and Sherbrooke, closer to de Maisonneuve. The food is divine, atmosphere cannot be more trendy if you tried, decor is astounding....

It's the hot place right now downtown; the menu has a slight italian flair with a lot of variety, such as seafood and everything else. Desserts are to die for, get a sampler plate to share.

Can you tell I like that place, lol ? Reserve ahead of time, specially from thursday on; there is a bar there also.

RChandler1118 Jun 30th, 2005 05:12 PM

Thanks for the input so far. Our age ranges from 28-40 (but celebrating a 40th birthday). I guess by trendy I meant not a romantic, stuffy kind of atmosphere. I was looking into Cavalli but was not sure how the food was. Also is it obnoxious trendy (southbeach attitude) or just very cool?

mitchdesj Jul 1st, 2005 01:43 AM

rc, the food is really good; in Montreal, it has to be if people are going to go over and over again.
It's friendly trendy, not pretentious.

oneillchris Jul 1st, 2005 05:46 AM

Baesed on the info I guess that club 281 is out of the question. Unless your a gang of cougars....

RChandler1118 Jul 1st, 2005 06:14 AM

You never know, club 218 could be a final destination depending on how many cocktails we have!!! Thanks for all of the info, Cavalli it is!!

Rose

captaintoro Jul 17th, 2005 08:04 PM

Kaizen Sushi Bar has the best sushi in montreal, the grand daddy of the nouvelle cuisine approach to japanese food in our city. It has recently moved into a great new location across the street from it's original incarnation. Great ambiance and they even have a live Jazz band on some nites.Try their new Sushi-Pizza, New Style Sashimi or my favorite Tuna Tataki..wow i think i'm talked myself in to being hungry..one can even order delivery online from them..www.70sushi.com..