Montreal/Quebec City - How many days?

Jan 17th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Montreal/Quebec City - How many days?

We have 10 days of vacation in May or June. We would like to visit Montreal and Quebec City, neither of us have been before. How many days should we spend in each place? Thanks.
Jan 17th, 2004, 02:12 PM

I notice that you mention that you will not be bringing a car to Montreal/QC; I'm not sure where you're coming from, but with 10 days I'd recommend splitting it up as follows... 5 days Montreal, 2 days Ottawa, 3 days Quebec City. I know you don't mention Ottawa, but Canada's capital is close enough to Montreal that I'd split it up this way.

My 2 cents
Jan 17th, 2004, 07:21 PM

If it were me, I'd spend three days in Quebec City and the rest in Montreal.

However, everyone has their own preferences, and many would declare the reverse the better.

Best bet is to peruse this website and others, along with the dozens of printed tour guides available at your local bookstore, to determine what in each city you would find most appealing and where you'd like to spend your time.

As for Ottawa, we took a day trip once, and wished afterward we'd just stayed in the city.
Jan 18th, 2004, 03:35 AM
maletas

May is a slow season and you could just play it by ear. Go to Quebec City and stay the amount of days that suit your fancy. Then call the hotle in Montreal to say your on your way. I dont think that you will have any problems. Quebec is so relaxing and I could spend hours at Cafe Chez Temporel drinking coffee and reading. Have fun!