Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > Montreal/QC restaurant info/packing advice

Montreal/QC restaurant info/packing advice

Aug 26th, 2000, 05:05 AM
elaine

Montreal/QC restaurant info/packing advice

We will be in Montreal early next week. Has anyone recently dined at: La Chronique, Jongleux Cafe, Le Richelieu, Chez Clo? We have been to Montreal in the past and thought we should try different restaurants. We will not require breakfast.
A packing query: my huband and I are flying and prefer to pack 'light'. Is there a need for walking shorts? Weather appears to be high 70's...we will spend time in Montreal and Quebec City.

Aug 27th, 2000, 04:48 AM
topper

moving this up...

Aug 27th, 2000, 11:37 AM
Daniel Williams

You know, one of things I love about Montreal (I lived there '94-'99) is the fabulous restaurants. Up until the day I left I would keep discovering fabulous new places; even when I've visited, my friends introduced me to a few new JEWELS of restaurants that I'd never been to before. THAT is a testament to how many amazing restos there are in Montreal.

Of the ones you mention, I've only heard of Chez Clo.

Aug 27th, 2000, 05:54 PM
Donna

No need to bring walking shorts. But, you can if you like. Montreal tends to be casual in the "touristy" areas and dressier in the evenings. Jongleux is receiving raves and raves. Chef formerly of Caprices de Nicholas. We haven't tried it yet. If the places you've mentioned are appealing to you for one reason or another, you can hardly go wrong. We've never had a less than wonderful meal in Montreal. Do check a forecast on the web the day before you leave - the weather is quite variable. And, do bring a warm sweater or jacket - gets much cooler as soon as the sun sets.

Aug 28th, 2000, 04:10 AM
elaine

Donna,

Many thanks for your post...and the weather indeed is variable!

Aug 28th, 2000, 03:15 PM
Donna

Elaine, I didn't realize that was you! My husband and I had a magnificent meal at Guy et Dodo Morali. Really aweseome. Moderately priced, too. Beautiful dining room. Dodo is charming and Guy pops out of the kitchen to welcome everyone and check on everything...

Search this Thread