Reload this Page >

Montreal - Best place to buy wine

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Tom

Question:<BR>Where is the best place to buy a bottle of<BR>wine upon arrival at Dorval? Buy it downtown<BR>at one of the liquor stores or possibly at<BR>the airport duty free store if they sell<BR>wine there? All responses welcome.<BR>Tom

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 09:37 AM
zootsi

Don't know about the airport, but there are several very large PQ wine and liquor stores in downtown Montreal. I seem to remember one not too far from the Delta on Presdient Kennedy, and several on St. Denis. The wine selection in these stores is mind boggling. These shops have a maroon sign with a square 'Q'.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Jon

Zootsi, do you mean &quot;SAQ&quot; (&quot;Societe d'alcool Quebec&quot;--pardon my French if it's slighty off...)stores ?<BR>Tom, there are plenty of stores all over downtown. Are you looking for something specific?

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Tom

Jon,<BR>Mainly I was curious if they do sell wine at the airport duty free shops<BR>if it would cost the same there as<BR>downtown for the identical wine.<BR>Tom

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 12:12 PM
x

You cannot buy at Duty free shops at the airport whenyou arrive, only when you leave . Items are sold without the taxes for export, not for use within the country you are in!